17 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Intellectual property
- Commercial transactions and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Technology, media and telecommunications
- Managing Director, Tilleke & Gibbins, Vietnam, 2007-Present
- Associate, Baker & McKenzie, Ho Chi Minh City, 2006-2007
- Senior Associate, Hickman Palermo, San Jose, California, 2004-2005
- Associate, Blakely Sokoloff, Los Angeles, California, 2000-2003
- JD, magna cum laude, Maurer School of Law, Indiana University â€“ Bloomington, 2001
- BSE in Computer Science, University of Michigan, 1989
Languages: English, Vietnamese
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Vietnam
- California State Bar
- Registered USPTO Attorney
- Registered with U.S. Court of International Trade
- How to Hire and Fire in 96 Jurisdictions â€“ Vietnam chapter (published by Multilaw)
- Media, Advertising, and Entertainment Law Throughout the Word - Vietnam chapter (published by Multilaw and Thomson Reuters)
- Conducted numerous lectures and seminars on Vietnamese business and intellectual property law sponsored by various chambers of commerce in Vietnam (including AmCham and EuroCham) and internationally (INTA, University of Michigan, etc.).
Founded in 1890, our affiliate 150-lawyer team in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar is one of the oldest firms in Thailand and one of the leading firms in Southeast Asia, representing top investors and high-profile companies expanding into the region. The firm has a reputation for excellence across all critical areas of business law practice and as a result of the firmâ€™s commitment to meeting clientsâ€™ long-term objectives, its regional expertise, and international experience, it has become one of the most highly regarded independent law firms, not only in Thailand but region-wide.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team provides a broad range of labor and employment advice in the constantly evolving business conditions and labor sentiment in the developing economies in which they operate. Services include all aspects of establishing and running companies as well as all labor and related aspects of transactions including M&A and restructuring and employee disputes, settlements, policies and practices and negotiations as well as immigration and matters dealing with criminal issues. The firmâ€™s focus on helping companies create a positive work environment often helps businesses avoid prohibitive recruitment and litigation costs as well as attracting the best talent in the industry.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team is equipped to provide comprehensive business law services to companies operating anywhere within the region including in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam. The firm has a well-established reputation for providing insightful and business-oriented solutions in all areas of business law.
A representative client list includes clients from industry sectors including: banking, retailing, manufacturing, oil and gas, finance, technology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, automotive, food and beverages among many others.
- Locations: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- Size: 1 Partner, 36 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Anti-Corruption; Antitrust and Competition; Banking and Finance; Bankruptcy and Restructuring; Commercial Transactions and M&A; Corporate Services; Dispute Resolution and Litigation; Energy; Family Law and Private Clients; Government Relations; Insurance; Intellectual Property; Property; Regulatory Affairs; Tax; Technology, Media, and Telecommunications; Transportation and Logistics, among others
- Languages: English, Vietnamese, French, Thai, Japanese
- Recommended by Chambers Asia, The Legal 500, IFLR1000, and Managing Intellectual Property for excellence in a variety of business law practice areas
- Ranked in Tier 1 for Labor and Employment by The Legal 500 and recognized by Asialaw Profiles as the best employment law firm in Vietnam