30 years' experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Transactions and M&A
- Corporate Services
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Partner, Tilleke & Gibbins (Bangkok, Thailand): 2002-present
- Managing Director, Cambodia â€“ Tilleke & Gibbins (Phnom Penh, Cambodia): 2015-present
- Managing Director, Vietnam â€“ Tilleke & Gibbins (Hanoi, Vietnam): 2007-2010
- Group Director, Dispute Resolution Department â€“ Tilleke & Gibbins (Bangkok, Thailand): 2002-2007
- Consultant â€“ Tilleke & Gibbins (Bangkok, Thailand): 1999-2002
- General Counsel â€“ International Capital Access (California, U.S.A.): 1997-1998
- Attorney â€“ Leonard, Street & Deinard (Minnesota, U.S.A.): 1992-1997
- J.D. (magna cum laude and Order of the Coif), University of Minnesota Law School (Minnesota, U.S.A.): 1992
- B.A. in Economics and English (summa cum laude, and Phi Beta Kappa member), University of Minnesota (Minnesota, U.S.A.): 1986
- Founding member of the Thailand branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- International Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association â€“ International Business Law Section
- â€śQualified Investment Projects in Cambodia,â€ť published in Informed Counsel in November 2016
- The Cambodia chapter of Franchising Global Guide 2016-2017, published by Practical Law Company in August 2016
Founded over 120 years ago, our affiliate 150-lawyer team in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar is one of the oldest firms in Thailand and one of the leading firms in Southeast Asia, representing top investors and high-profile companies expanding into the region. The firm has a reputation for excellence across all critical areas of business law practice and as a result of the firmâ€™s commitment to meeting clientsâ€™ long-term objectives, its regional expertise, and international experience, it has become one of the most highly regarded independent law firms, not only in Thailand but region-wide.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team provides a broad range of labor and employment advice in the constantly evolving business conditions and labor sentiment in the developing economies in which they operate. Services include all aspects of establishing and running companies as well as all labor and related aspects of transactions including M&A and restructuring and employee disputes, settlements, policies and practices and negotiations as well as immigration and matters dealing with criminal issues. The firmâ€™s focus on helping companies create a positive work environment often helps businesses avoid prohibitive recruitment and litigation costs as well as attracting the best talent in the industry.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team is equipped to provide comprehensive business law services to companies operating anywhere within the region including in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam. The firm has a well-established reputation for providing insightful and business-oriented solutions in all areas of business law.
A representative client list includes clients from industry sectors including: banking, retailing, manufacturing, oil and gas, finance, technology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, automotive, food and beverages among many others.
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Size: 1 Partners, 6 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Labor & Employment; Commercial Transactions and M&A; Corporate Services; Technology, Media, and Telecommunications; Anti-Corruption; Antitrust and Competition; Banking and Finance; Bankruptcy and Restructuring; Dispute Resolution and Litigation; Energy; Family Law and Private Clients; Government Relations; Insurance; Intellectual Property; Property; Regulatory Affairs; Tax; Transportation; Logistics; life sciences; franchising
- Languages: English, Dutch, Thai, French, Italian, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Malay, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese
- Recommended Firm by Chambers Asia Pacific (Commercial Transactions and M&A)
- Recommended by Managing Intellectual Property