18 years of experience in labor and employment law, including representing clients as diverse as multinational corporations (with foreign employees with cross-border L&E issues) and State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) dealing with statutory L&E rules and regulations and with class-action disputes involving labor unions and CBAs.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Project finance
- Foreign investment
- Intellectual property
- Not-for-Profit entities
- Oil & gas
- Real estate
- Government contracts
- Founding Partner, Axis Law Chambers â€“ Advocates & Legal Consultants, 2010 - Present,
- Counsel, The World Bank (Legal Department, Washington, D.C.) â€“ LEGES â€“ Asia practice group, (September 2009 to September 2010) and LEGPS â€“ Private Sector Development, Finance & Infrastructure practice group, 2008 - 2009
- Senior Associate & Associate, Minto & Mirza â€“ Advocates & Solicitors, Lahore, 2002- 2007
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), USA LL.M., May 2008
- Pakistan College of Law, Pakistan LL.B., September 2004
- The University of Western Ontario, Canada B.A. English Literature and Political Science (double major), June 2000
Languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi
- Accredited Mediator â€“ Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- Founding Member â€“ Society for the Advancement of International Law, Pakistan
- Life Member of the Lahore High Court Bar Association, the Punjab Bar Council and the Lahore Bar Association
- Report on Observance of Standards & Codes â€“ Jordan - Insolvency and Creditor Rights Systems (November 2009);
- Cyber-Security Legal Framework â€“ Egypt - World Bank Report (June 2010); Emergency Power Procurement Toolkit â€“ World Bank (July 2010)
- Speaker / panel member at two events on the imposition of emergency rule by Gen. Musharraf (in November 2007) and the lawyersâ€™ movement at U.C. Berkeley School of Law and the law firm - Thelen, Reid, Brown, Raysman and Steiner (San Francisco office) respectively (January 2008).
Our Pakistan affiliate is one of the fastest growing full-service law firms in Pakistan with its HQ in Lahore and operations in all major cities of Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta). With legal services in areas ranging from transactional to litigation, arbitration to mediation, including labor and employment law, the team has extensive experience assisting clients in Pakistan and abroad in navigating the countryâ€™s complex business laws. Our affiliate lawyers provide a one-stop solution to doing business in Pakistan.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team has broad experience working in all major labor law practice areas, including retrenchment, dismissals, outsourcing, and expatriate management, among many others. Recent projects include litigating expatriate claims to enforcement of non-compete and non-disclosure covenants to reorganizing all labor and employment aspects of a takeover of a major subsidiary and restructuring including retrenchment.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team has experience working in all business law practice areas, from mergers and acquisitions and oil and gas to IT and Islamic finance. The team also advises clients on cross-border transactions, bringing a nuanced understanding of the business climate in Pakistan and throughout the region to all interactions with Pakistani and international clients.
The firmâ€™s clients include both domestic and international companies across a range of industry sectors, including finance, service and telecommunications.
- Locations: Lahore (Gulberg) with liaison offices in Karachi and Islamabad
- Size: 4 Partners, 7 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: : Administrative Law; Bankruptcy/Insolvency; Competition/Antitrust; Corporate; Education; Employment and Labor; Government Contracts; Health Care; Information and Communication Technology (ICT); Infrastructure; Intellectual Property; International Law of Foreign Investment; Islamic Finance; Legislative and Public Policy; Media; Not-For-Profit Entities; Oil and Gas; Power/Energy; Property (Including Land Acquisition and Revenue); Tax Litigation; Telecoms; Trusts and Estates.
- Languages: English, Urdu