Over 35 years of experience in labor and employment law. Anwar Nasser Albisher counsels employers on all aspects of Kuwaiti labor law including termination and dismissals, employee benefits, formulating employment policies and representing employers before Kuwaiti courts. He also frequently counsels employers on employee rights and obligations in the event of transfers, mergers and acquisition of Kuwaiti establishments, work related deaths and injuries, collective bargaining processes and agreements and collective work disputes. In addition, he counsels on matters concerning the highly regulated Kuwaiti securities market, including public listings and private placements of securities, stock exchange transactions and insider trading restrictions.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Commercial, civil and corporate matters.
- Public sector tenders
- Defense procurements
- Privatization, including establishment of consortiums and their representation in leading Kuwaiti governmental tenders for projects as well as accompanying project finance.
- Corporate acquisitions
- Principal, AIBisher Legal Group, 1980 - Present
- Head of Legal Department, Commerical Bank of Kuwait, 1977 - 1982
- Trainee Lawyer, Baker & McKenzie, Chicago, Illinois, 1978
- Served as the Senior Manager of Legal Department and Legal Advisor for the Commercial Bank of Kuwait for almost 5 years.
- Served as Legal Advisor to the National Assembly Committees for Protection of Public Funds and Finance and Economy for a period of 4 years.
- Served as advisor to five of the first foreign bank branches newly established in Kuwait.
- Kuwait University,LL.B, 1977
- Training with Baker & McKenzie Law Firm, Chicago, Illinois.
Languages: Arabic & English
- Kuwait Lawyers Society
- Appointed as a Member of Municipality Council by Decree of the Emir and served as Chief of the Municipality Council's Legal and Finance Committee
- One of the founders of Mena City Lawyers.
Our affiliate in Kuwait has the capacity to provide advice and counsel on any matter pertaining to business or employment law. The firm is a leader in Kuwait, serving as local counsel on cross-border transactions for numerous international law firms. The team has extensive experience in all areas of corporate and commercial law, with a track record of success in litigation and a commitment to staying up-to-date on developments in local and international business and employment law alike.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our team in Kuwait has extensive experience working on labor and employment law cases. Comfortable with local and international laws, the team frequently counsels multi-national corporations on issues in all labor law practice areas. Areas of expertise include unions, collective bargaining agreements, outsourcing, mass dismissals, expatriate management, among many others.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our Kuwait affiliate is a national leader in global business law, providing expert advice and counsel on all matters related to operating a business in the Middle East. The firm takes a global approach to its work, serving clients from the Middle East and beyond as they conduct business in Kuwait. The team provides its clients with specialized counsel on issues in all business law practice areas, including foreign direct investment, joint ventures, franchises and distributorships, mergers and acquisitions, defense contracting, and fund formation, among many other areas.
The firmâ€™s clients come from Kuwait and abroad, and cut across a wide range of industry sectors. Representative clients include Bloomberg, Chevron, Fluor Corporation, Al-Qurain Automotive Trading Company KSCC, The Coca Cola Company, United National Bank, and United Parcel Service, Fouad M. T. Alghanim Group of Companies.
- Location: Safat
- Size: 2 Partners, 12 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Administrative Litigation; Dealer and Distributor Termination; Distribution Agreements; Agency and Distributorships; Antitrust and Trade Regulation; Business Law; Commercial Law; Commercial Real Estate; Construction Law; Contracts; Corporate Law; Employee Benefits; Finance; Franchises and Franchising; Intellectual Property; Leases and Leasing; Litigation; Investment Law; Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures; Torts; Taxation; Trademarks; Real Estate.
- Languages: English, Arabic, French
- Recommended in The Legal 500 for excellence across a variety of business law practice areas