25 years of experience in labor and employment law. Shay was involved in major changes in labor relations in Israel in recent years, including establishing the tri-partite (governmentâ€“employers-employees) "Round Table", as well as in many national, regional and company-specific collective disputes and negotiations.
- Partner, FBC & Co., 2011- Present
- Special Consultant to the Histadrutâ€™s trade union legal department, 2011 - Present
- Chief Legal Advisor and Head of the Legal Department, at the Histadrut, Israel's major trade union federation, to 2011
- Chairman of the Histadrutâ€™s organizing wing, to 2011
- Lawyer, Tamar Golan & Co, 1994 - 2009
- Tel Aviv University (LL.B., 1993)
Languages: English, Hebrew
- Israel Bar Association
He has published numerous publications on various labor law issues, and lectures regularly on labor law and collective bargaining in various forums.
Founded in 1958, our affiliate in Tel Aviv is one of the foremost international business law firms in Israel. The full-service practice, with close to 150 lawyers, represents prominent domestic and multinational corporations in a variety of industries and business sectors. The team is regularly involved in a broad range of transactions for some of the largest and highest profile matters in Israel.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our Israeli affiliate offers a full range of services aimed at assisting their clients' human resources departments, with particular specialization in mergers and acquisitions and investment transactions in which employment issues are a significant factor.
The team regularly advises on areas including planning, drafting, negotiation and the compliance aspects of compensation of employees and consultants. Our affiliate's attorneys have wide-ranging proficiency in executive compensation plans, employment and consulting agreements and a variety of employee benefit plans, including stock option plans, profit sharing and other incentive programs, retirement and severance arrangements.
Our affiliate can provide advice and solutions in all aspects of employment relations, including compliance with labor law and court rulings, secrecy and non-competition issues, social security related issues, employment agreements, employment and discharge procedures, issues related to relocation of employees abroad, and assistance for non-Israeli employees in obtaining Israeli work permits when required.
Attorneys on the team litigate a wide range of labor-related matters and appear regularly in regional and national labor tribunals, procedures before arbitration and mediation panels and proceedings before administrative agencies. In addition, the firm is regularly involved in collective bargaining, labor disputes, strikes and organized actions, collective agreements, collective litigation, employer-employee's litigation, labor contracts, labor relations due-diligence and structuring, and labor relations mediation and arbitration.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
In addition to labor and employment legal services, the firmâ€™s work covers the full range of business law, with particular specialization in litigation, M&A, corporate and securities law, real estate, antitrust, telecommunications, tax, technology and life science, infrastructure and project finance.
The team represents a broad range of clients, ranging from the apex of Israel's economy, including the country's leading banks, financial institutions, and insurance companies, to major foreign businesses and multinational companies, to other public and private entities and individuals.
- Location: Tel-Aviv
- Size: 32 Partners, 115 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Antitrust & Competition Law; Corporate; Intellectual Property; Insurance, IT & Telecoms; Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions; Real Estate; Regulatory; Tax Law; Technology & Life Sciences
- Languages: English, Hebrew
- Rated by the prestigious antitrust international magazine CR - Global Competition Review as an Israeli leader in the field of antitrust, 2011; top tier rankings in numerous fields in the Chambers Global and Legal 500 guides as well as in local market rankings.