18 years of experience in labor and employment law, including employment benefits and pensions, labor planning and restructuring, and collective bargaining agreements.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate law
- Sports law
- Partner, Lega, 2018 - present
- Associate, Hoet Pelaez Castillo & Duque, 2000 - 2018
- Junior Partner, and Visiting Attorney at Davis Graham & Stubbs in Denver Colorado in 2005
- Visiting Attorney at Calfee Halter & Griswold in Cleveland, Ohio in 2005.
- Member of Hoet Pelaez Castillo & Duque, 2000 - 2004
- Law Clerk, Hamm Abreu Abogados, 1998 - 2000
- Universidad del Zulia â€“ Bachelor in Law 2000
- Vanderbilt University Law School â€“ LLM 2005
Languages: English and Spanish
- Getting the Deal Through â€“ Labor & Employment (Venezuela)
- World Bank â€“ Doing Business Reports (Venezuela)
- Speaker at Major League Baseball industry meetings since 2005
- Speaker on Employee Benefits lectures in Venezuela.
Founded in 1942, our affiliate in Venezuela is one of the nationâ€™s leading law firms, with a reputation for providing counsel to high-profile domestic and international companies. Our affiliate firm is a recognized leader on corporate law and intellectual property, regularly counseling clients on business and labor issues across the LATAM region. Our lawyers can provide advice and counsel on issues in any business or labor law practice area, and has experience working with domestic and cross-border transactions.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The labor law team in Venezuela has extensive experience working with multi-nationals across the region and abroad, representing and advising companies on issues in all major labor law practice areas. The team can provide specialized advice and counsel on collective bargaining agreements, and advising on international contracting, labor planning, and special labor benefit programs, among many other areas. In addition, our affiliate frequently works on business immigration issues, helping foreign employees to navigate the legal structures governing their work in Venezuela.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our team of lawyers can provide advice and counsel on any issue that arises when doing business in Latin America. Members of the Venezuelan team have specialized knowledge in all major business law practice areas, ranging from mergers and acquisitions, healthcare and litigation, to exchange control regulation. Our lawyers regularly advise clients on cross-border transactions, staying up-to-dates in all changes to local, regional, and international law that could affect their clientsâ€™ business ventures in Latin America.
Our affiliate firm works with domestic and international clients from a wide array of industry sectors, including pharmaceutical, oil & gas, aviation, e-commerce, entertainment, and tourism, among many others.
- Locations: Caracas, with correspondents in Maracaibo, Barquisimeto, MaturĂn, Puerto Ordaz, Puerto Cabello, Puerto La Cruz and Valencia.
- Size: 11 Partners, 33 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Oil & Gas, Administrative Law, Admiralty and Maritime Law, Advertising and Marketing Law, Agency and Distributorship, Agricultural Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Antitrust and Trade Regulation, Appellate Practice, Arbitration, Aviation and Aerospace, Banks and Banking, Bankruptcy, Sports law, Capitalization and Equity Swaps, Civil Practice, Collections, Commodities, Communications and Media, Company Law, Computers and Software, Constitutional Law, Construction Law, Consumer Law, Contracts, Copyrights, and many others
- Listed in Chambers Global for excellence across a variety of business law practice areas.