21 years dealing with labor issues and immigration matters.
Other Areas of Practice:
- International business Law
- International trade
- Financial law
- International banking law
- Privatization law
- International private law
- Aeronautical law
- Foreign investment law
- Intellectual property
- Director at the Master of Business Law Program
- Universidad de Lima, Escuela de Post Grado, Jan 2012 â€“ Present
- Member of the Board of Director, CajaNuestraGente, April 2011 â€“ Present
- Associate Professor, Universidad de Lima, 2008 â€“ Present; Merger & Acquisitions
- Member of the board of Director, Financiera Confianza SAA, October 2008 - Present
- Member of the Board of Directors of Geotecnicadel Peru SA.
- International Law Institute ( Washington D.C.)â€“ 1983 â€“ 1983
- Master of Comparative Law - Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas. 1981 â€“ 1982
- Law Degree Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru â€“ 1973 - 1980
Languages: English/ Spanish
- Admitted to the Bar in 1987
Established in 1997, our affiliate in Peru is a full service high profile mid sized boutique of international excellence with extensive experience across various business law practice areas and comprised of top-rate lawyers who have graduated from the best law schools in Peru and abroad.
Over the past decade, the members of the firm have devoted much time and attention to promoting private investment by actively advocating for the reform of the Peruvian Government through the privatization of the State owned companies which has provided the team with particular expertise in dealing with governmental authorities. The firm supports numerous international companies by providing critical legal counseling to companies and economic groups across a diverse range of industry sectors including the airline industry, bank and financing, hotels, telecommunications, mining and oil services companies, among others.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The teamâ€™s extensive experience includes providing counseling and legal service on all matters related to individual and collective labor relationships, advising clients on collective negotiations, the drafting of work contracts for national employees and developing administrative proceedings for foreign employees. The firm also has an outstanding reputation for representing clients involved in administrative procedures and judicial proceedings related to labor and social security issues.
With business growth in Peru increasing at a rapid rate over the past decade, the team in Peru has developed expertise in advising foreign investors on how to navigate business expansion in Peru. The firmâ€™s business-oriented advice is not limited to matters related to the legal framework of foreign investment law but extends to include counsel related to the hiring of foreign nationals, preempting tax implications, procuring the adequate corporate investment vehicle, avoiding potential liabilities at the domestic level, as well as the legal ramifications that could potentially influence parent companies as a result of having domestic presence.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team provides a comprehensive range of business law services to local and international clients conducting business in Peru. Using an integrated and collaborative approach to practicing law, the firmâ€™s expertise includes providing legal counseling across a wide range of business law areas required for investment in Peru.
- Location: Lima
- Size: 5 Partners, 18 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Bankruptcy and Insolvency; Civil Law; Commercial Law and Contracts; Corporate Law; Financing; M&A; Natural Resources; Litigation; Hospitality Law; Aeronautical Law; Banking Law; International Business Transactions; Regulatory Law, Labor Law, Foreign investment ,among many other areas.
- Languages: English, Spanish