20 years of experience specialising in labor and employment law, both nationally and internationally. Fernando has advised leading companies on a wide range of employment related issues, including employment contracts, litigation, outsourcing, internal guidelines, collective bargaining agreements, employment terminations, due diligence and social security. Fernando is recognized for his preventive approach to labor disputes, as well as for the provision of legal advisory to employers in labor matters and for their defense in litigation, including those of high risk.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Social Security
- Partner at Jauregui y Del Valle S.C., 2016â€“ to Present
- Of Counsel at JÃ¡uregui y Del Valle, S.C. â€“ 2014
- Santamarina y Steta, S.C. 2012-2014
- Subdirector JurÃdico Laboral Nacional en HSBC MÃ©xico, S.A., 2010 â€“ 2011
- JÃ¡uregui, Navarrete y Nader, S.C. 2006 â€“ 2010
- ChÃ©vez, Ruiz, Zamarripa y CIA, S.C. 2005 â€“ 2006
- CapÃn, CalderÃ³n, RamÃrez y GutiÃ©rrez-Azpe, S.C. 2000 â€“ 2004
- Cavazos Flores, S.C. 1999 â€“ 2000
- Yale University. Management program for lawyers â€“ 2016
- Escuela Libre de Derecho. Master in Labor Law - 2014- 2016
- Mexico Autonomous Institute of Technology, Postgraduate studies in Labor Law and Social Security â€“ 2008
- Panamerican University, Postgraduates studies in Tax Law â€“ 2006
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Attorney at Law â€“ 2004
Languages: Spanish and English
Established in 1975, our affiliate in Mexico is one of the countryâ€™s leading law firms. Specializing in international business law and transactions the firmâ€™s lawyers have extensive experience in all major aspects of corporate and commercial law as well as Mexican labor and employment law.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The labor and employment team has wide ranging experience in all critical aspects of Mexican labor and employment law, including: Anti-corruption; Compensation and Wage Requirements; Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements; Disability Laws and Mandatory Accommodations; Discrimination and Harassment; Professional Service Agreements; Employment Terminations; Immigration Law Issues; Independent Contractor Issues; Medical and Maternity Leave; Negotiations; Restructuring of the Workforce; Temporary Employment and Outsourcing; Unfair Competition; Unfair Labor Practices and Litigation.
The Firmâ€™s labor practice is also focused in advising employers on labor matters in general, and in providing specific legal advice on labor matters in mergers and acquisitions and in other transactional work.
The Firm advises and represents Mexican companies in the preparation, negotiation and implementation of agreements to be used by Mexican companies, including employment agreements, specific employment agreements for key-personnel, guidelines, policies, employments regulations, incentive and bonus plans and programs, collective bargaining agreements, termination agreements with key-personnel, and confidentiality, non-compete and other specific agreements with personnel.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
With over three decades of experience, our affiliate in Mexico provides outstanding legal advice for businesses operating in the region. With a commitment to consistently delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions, the team has substantial expertise in all main areas of business law ranging from investment and acquisitions, financing, corporate reorganizations, and all other aspects of investing in and structuring operations in Mexico as well as day to day practice.
Representative clients include major multinationals and Mexican firms in telecommunications, banking, machinery and equipment, oil and gas, electricity, consumer goods, industrial supplies, real estate and property, financing, the automotive sector, private equity, and other leading industrial and consumer industries.
- Location: Mexico City
- Size: 9 Partners, 24 Associates, 10 Law Clerks and 4 Paralegals
- Business Law Practice Areas: Administrative Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution; Amparo Proceedings; Antitrust & Trade Regulation; Arbitration (international, corporate and commercial); Aviation & Aerospace; Banking Law; Bankruptcy; Capital Markets; Class Actions; Commercial Law; Compliance with foreign Laws; Corporate Governance; Corporate Law; Energy (Electricity, Oil and Gas); Entertainment Law; Environmental Law; Finance (general corporate lending, project finance, secured finance, leasings, factorings); Foreign Investment; Funds; Government Contracts; Health Care; Immigration; Infrastructure; Insurance & Reinsurance; Intellectual Property; International Estate Planning; International Law; International Trade; Internet Law; Litigation (administrative, civil, commercial, labor, tax and intellectual property); Maritime Law; Media and Advertising Law; Mergers & Acquisitions; Mining; Natural Resources; Pension Fund related work; PPPs; Public Services; Real Estate; Regulated & Unregulated Financial Entities; Restructurings; Securities Law; Tax & Taxation (Domestic and International); Technology; Telecommunications; Tourism; Transportation; and Trusts & Estates
- Languages: Spanish, English, French and German
- Law Firm of the Year - Mexico by the International Financial Law Review - 2012
- Mergers &Acquisitions Deal of the Year - Mexico by Latin Lawyer - 2012
- Best Mexican Law Firm - Silver Award by The International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards - 2012
- Best Mexican Law Firm: Gold Award designated by International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards â€“ several years
- TMT and M&A Law Firm of the Year: Mexico designated by Finance Monthly Law Awards, 2011
- Law Firm of the Year designated by Intercontinental Finance Magazineâ€™s Global Awards, 2010
- Mexican Law Firm of the Year for M&A, Energy and Project Finance designated by Finance.
- Ranked number 1 Mexican Law Firm in a range of practice areas by Best Lawyers for several years.