Over 20 years of experience in labor and employment law, with ample experience in planning and restructuring optimum labour structures. Recognized for his special knowledge in pensions and because of his negotiation skills.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate and M&A
- Foreign Investment and exchange law
- Partner, Lloreda Camacho & Co. 2001 - Present
- Legal Vice-president of the National Association of Industries- ANDI.
- Counsel to the Exchange Control Superintendent and Head of the Sectional Office of ANDI, at MedellĂn, Colombia.
- Law degree (J.D.) from the Universidad de los Andes (BogotĂˇ, Colombia)
- Specialization Degree in Labor Law from the Universidad Bolivariana (MedellĂn, Colombia).
- International Fellowship in Active Labor Policies from the International Labour Organization (ILO-ONU) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Languages: Spanish and English
- Active member of the International Bar Association
- Member of Board of Directors of the Chamber of Legal Services of the ANDI
- Member of the Board of Directors of ANDI's BogotĂˇ Sectional Office
- He was part of the drafting team of Law 100 of 1993 and Law 50 of 1990, main regulatory bodies of labour matters in Colombia.
- â€śComments to the Corporate Regime Reform in New Approaches of Commercial Law", Ed. Biblioteca JurĂdica Dike, 1995 (published in Spanish).
- Has been Professor of International Labor Law at Universidad Bolivariana (MedellĂn, Colombia)
- Has been invited as speaker to a number of seminars.
Established in 1941, our Colombian affiliate offers an integral legal service to companies and organizations. The firm, which has an international profile, covers all practice areas of law and has become a leading player in the local market, offering all legal services required by national and international corporate clients. It takes pride in having a reputation among its clients and the community with the best quality service and creative solutions.
Labor and Employment Practice:
With an extensive understanding of Colombian law based in Bogota with an international reputation, the team provides critical advice for the fulfillment of labor and social security regulations as well as rendering counsel for collective negotiations, mediation, arbitration, disputes with unions and organized workers, and individual settlements and litigation with ex-employees, always attempting to resolve labor disputes through alternative means of conflict resolution.
The firm also has extensive experience in navigating clients through all labor issues they may encounter operating in the region including mergers, acquisitions, split, sale, incorporation or liquidation. Through intimate collaboration with lawyers specializing in tax and corporate law, our labor and employment specialists can preemptively provide advice on the development and amendment of labor policies and actions.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team has wide ranging expertise in all main areas of business law which includes particular experience in business negotiations, partnering with clients to develop the most optimal, cost-efficient solutions for their businesses. Our affiliate firm has representative clients in the pharmaceutical industries, mining, confectionaries, fruit and agriculture, heavy manufacturing, logistics, insurance, automobiles, shipping and other commercial sectors.
- Location: BogotĂˇ
- Size: 9 Partners, 38 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Administrative and Constitutional Law; Aeronautics, Antitrust and Consumer Protection; Arbitration; Commercial, Corporate Law; Exchange Regulations; Foreign Trade Logistics and Customs; Government Contracting; Insurance; Intellectual Property; Litigation and Insolvency; M&A and Restructuring; Project Finance, Regulatory Law; Maritime and Admiralty, among other areas covered.
- Languages: Spanish, English, French
- Top tier ranking in the IFRL1000, 2011
- Recognized with the â€śClientâ€™s Choice Awardsâ€ť by the International Law Office, 2010
- Recognized by Chambers Global, 2013 as leading firm in Corporate/M&A and Finance. It also ranked a firm partner specializing in Corporate/M&A as a leader in his areas of practice
- Ranked as one of the ten largest Colombian law firms according to LATIN LAWYER 250, 2012
- Recognized by Chambers Latin America, 2013 as a leading firm in various practice areas including Competition/Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Insurance, Mining and TMT. Also, the firmâ€™s partners were recognized as outstanding leaders in their fields
- Recognized by Legal500 as leading firm in several areas of practice including Competition and Antitrust, Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution and TMT.