19 years of experience in Ukrainian labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate law
- Immigration law
- Joint ventures
- Frishberg & Partners law firm, 14 years
- Marist College (B. A., Russian Area Studies, 1994
- Capital University (J. D., 1998)
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian
- New York Bar Association
- Ukraine Import-Export Taxes
- Russia-Eurasia Executive Guide, December, 2009
- New Rules for Entry and Stay of Foreigners in Ukraine
- Russia-Eurasia Executive Guide, September, 2009
- Ukraine's Tax and Customs Regime for Imports
- Tax Planning International: Indirect Taxes BNA, Vol. 12/09: December, 2009
- Doing Business in Ukraine
- Logus, Kiev 2007 (co-author with A. Frishberg)
- Foreign Economic Activities in Ukraine
- The Ukrainian Journal of Business Law, January, 2007
- Ukraine Legal Update Post-Revolution
- Russia/Eurasia Executive Guide, Vol. 15/ #7: May, 2005;
- Company Registration and Liquidation â€“ Post-July 1, 2004
- Russia/Eurasia Executive Guide, Vol. 14/#15, August 2004
Our affiliate firm in Ukraine is a leading independent mid size practice with a long history as a pioneer in the market and is one of the countryâ€™s leading independent law firms with a reputation for delivering excellence. Our team provides professional services combining technical knowledge of Ukrainian law and practice to efficiently achieve our clientsâ€™ goals.
With two decades of experience working in Ukraine, the firmâ€™s team of American and Ukrainian lawyers bring thorough knowledge of local and international business and labor law to their work. In addition to working with individual clients on specific issues, the firm has published several editions of a guide to doing business in the Ukraine, covering current legal issues foreign investors face when expanding into the nation. The 650-page reference contains sections on labor law, mergers and acquisitions, imports, exports, and many other business law practice areas.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The Ukrainian team routinely advises on labor law issues including all labor aspects of transactions, opening and closing offices, outsourcing and terminations, with the capacity to advise clients on any labor law matter. Within this broad knowledge base, our team's lawyers have specialized knowledge in all major labor law practice areas, including: work permits, immigration, contracts, collective bargaining agreements, and many others. The team has extensive experience working with clients on labor law issues, assisting on issues from obtaining passports for and visas for foreign employees to working on naturalization with the State Immigration Service.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team covers a full range of legal services involving virtually all matters affecting their operations and growth, including formation of joint ventures, wholly owned subsidiaries and/or representative offices of foreign companies; acquisitions, mergers, takeovers and reorganizations; due diligence and title reviews in mergers and acquisitions; commercial transactions; joint venture and partnership agreements, including negotiation and drafting of documents; franchising, licensing, agency and distribution agreements; labor and immigration; real property; agricultural and industrial land rights; taxation; intellectual property; and litigation.
The teamâ€™s long-established presence in Ukraine provides a sound knowledge of local systems and culture including the ability to offer guidance on a wide range of projects. Close contacts with local authorities, including the Cabinet of Ministers, the Presidentâ€™s Administration, the Anti-Monopoly Committee and the Tax Inspection, permits the team to quickly and efficiently address the interests of our clients. Our network of local consultants and experts often allows us to expedite bureaucratic procedures.
Representative clients include government organizations and multinational companies that come from a variety of industry sectors, including technology, airlines, consulting and organizations from many other public and private sectors.
- Location: Kiev
- Size: 2 Partners, 9 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Corporate and M&A; Due Diligence; Selection of Appropriate Business Forms; Intellectual Property; Apartment Building and Land Acquisitions; Litigation & Arbitration.
- Languages: English, Italian, Russian, Ukrainian
Listings / Rankings:
- Recommended by The Legal 500, Chambers Global, and IFLR1000 as one of the nationâ€™s leading law firms in a variety of business law practice areas.