23 years of experience in labor and employment law, including advising on complex cross-border tax and labor law issues of incentive and stock option programs, employment and pension-related aspects in M&A deal, dispute resolutions arising under employment arrangements with top-managers, advising on non-compete and non-solicit obligations, advising clients in connection with audits and inspections by state authorities, restructuring of employment relations, downsizing and personnel reduction, advising on safety and security regulations for production companies, all aspects of civil, administrative and criminal liability of management, legal regimes of personal data and protection of confidential information.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Antimonopoly practice and unfair competition
- Corporate and M&A
- Company registration and liquidation
- Criminal litigation
- Customs regulations and control
- Intellectual property law
- International business transactions
- Litigation (commercial and arbitrage courts)
- Real estate
- Tax law.
- Founder and Partner, AT Lawyers, 1999 - Present
- Ernst & Young in Moscow, 1993-1994;
- Steptoe & Johnson, 1996-1998
- Allen & Overy, 1995
- Russian Investment Bank â€śATONâ€ť, 1996-1998
- Moscow State University of M.V. Lomonosov, Law Department;
- Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio, LLM
Languages: Russian and English
- Frequent speaker at international tax conferences and seminars.
Our Russian affiliate is a leading mid-sized international Moscow based full-service business law firm with the capacity to provide advice and counsel on any business or labor law issue. As an advisor they regularly provide advise to Western and Russian companies and investors on inbound and outbound investment clients of all sizes. The team has experience working across diverse industry sectors, including real estate, oil and gas, financial services, venture capital, computer software development, and technology transfer, among many others. Our lawyers have also worked extensively with foreign clients, guiding companies in all stages of establishing a business presence in Russia.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Any company that employs individuals in Russia must strictly adhere to the requirements of Russian labor legislation. Along with corporate law, labor law is one of the first legal matters foreign CIS investors face when hiring Russian employees.
Our Russian team can provide advice and counsel on any labor and employment law issue and our team regularly assists clients in all the legal aspects of employment matters, including preparing employment agreements, obtaining permission to hire foreign employees, and securing individual work permits.
Services include: employment agreements, restructuring and redundancy, employment litigation, employee benefits, employment compliance audits, employment practices, disciplinary and grievances, discrimination, employee competition and confidentiality, policies and training, expatriate immigration and visas.
Our team work with many companies and individuals requiring legal assistance in this often challenging area.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our affiliate team has years of experience working with clients on issues in all business law practice areas. Our lawyers can provide advice and counsel on any business law matter, with lawyers whose specialties range from mergers and acquisitions to antitrust and unfair competition to commercial and corporate crime and investigations, tax evasion and embezzlements. In addition to its local knowledge, the team in Russia can work with clients on business law questions that arise during cross-border transactions, advising on mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, and many other areas.
The firm represents local and international clients from a diverse array of industry sectors. Representative clients include EstĂ©e Lauder, Calvin Klein, and Deutsche Bank, among many others.
- Location: Moscow
- Size: 2 Partners, 7 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Antitrust, Antimonopoly Practice and Unfair Competition; Bankruptcy; Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions; Company Registration and Liquidation; Criminal Litigation; Customs Regulations and Control; Intellectual Property Law; International
- Business Transactions: Litigation (Commercial and Arbitrage Courts); Notarial Services; Real Estate; Tax Law
- Languages: Russian, English
- Named one of the 100 Top Russian law firms by Pravo.ru.