20 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Partner, David & Baias, April 2020 - Present
- Managing Partner, Pachiu & Associates, 2001 - 2020
- Attorney at Law, Hall Dickler Kent Goldstein & Wood LLP, Bucharest Office, 1997 - 2001
- Diplomat, Romanian Foreign Office, 1994 - 1997
- Assistant University Professor, Bucharest Law Faculty, 1992 - 1994
- University of Derby, LLM, Transnational Oil, Gas and Energy Law, 2013 - 2016
- Diplomatic Academy of the German Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Berlin, Germany, 1995
- University of Bucharest, School of Law - 1989 - 1993
Languages: Fluent in Romanian, English, German and conversant in French
- Member of the Bucharest Bar Association and of the National Romanian Bars Association
- Member of Board of Energy Policy Group
- Constant contributor to Romanian and foreign legal and geopolitics publications
- Frequent speaker at various legal, energy and defence conferences
- Speaker on TV stations
Our affiliate in Romania is rated as one of the top ten Romanian law firms. A broad-based practice well equipped to provide assistance, representation, and legal advice on issues in all major business law practice areas including labor and employment law. The firm regularly assists multinationals and international companies across sectors.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our dedicated team in Romania can provide advice and counsel on any labor and employment law issue. The team has extensive experience specializing in drafting and amending agreements, dealing with business transfers, disputes, executive severance, litigation, strikes, business restructuring, termination of agreements, and dispute resolution, among many other areas.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The Romanian team is a highly regarded full-service business law firm, with the capacity to advise and counsel its clients on all business law matters. The team has wide-ranging experience working with companies from a variety of industry sectors. In working with its clients, our lawyers draw on specialized knowledge of each major business law practice area, including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, real estate, intellectual property, consumer and personal data protection, tax, commercial litigation, and many more.
Most of the clients represented are major multinational corporations from a variety of industry sectors, such as pharmaceutical, energy, IT, and telecoms.
- Location: Bucharest
- Size: 8 Partners, over 30 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Corporate (including Labor, Competition, Insolvency and Intellectual Property); Energy, Oil and Gas; Finance (including Tax and Personal Finance); Real Estate; Public Procurement, Litigation; Environmental, Pharma, IT and Telecom, Antitrust
- Languages: Romanian, English, German, French
- Recommended by Legal 500, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR 1000, among others, for excellence in a variety of business law practice areas.