Aleksander has 15 years of experience in labor and employment law, including preparation of all relevant labor-related documentation, disciplinary procedures, dismissals, settlements, discrimination, outsourcing and service agreements. Aleksander has represented clients in a number of employment litigation cases, both in commercial and civil law. Aleksander was also involved in major labor litigations representing the employer in cases with employees from top management positions. Aleksandar is also involved in projects regarding mergers and acquisitions, where he covers, inter alia, work related to employment issues.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate
- Civil Law
- Commercial Law
- Partner at Polenak Law Firm: 2019 - Present
- Junior Partner at Polenak Law Firm: 2013 - 2019
- Senior Associate at Polenak Law Firm: 2012 â€“ 2013
- Associate at Polenak Law Firm: 2007 - 2013
- Legal trainee at Polenak Law Firm: 2005 - 2007
- Intern at the Parliament of the Republic of North Macedonia, with the Inquiry committee for protection of human rights and freedoms: 2005
- Graduate of University "Ss Cyril and Methodius", Faculty of Law â€śIustinianus Primusâ€ť (Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia), Diploma LL.B.
- Bar Association of the Republic of North Macedonia
- International Bar Association
- South East Europe Legal Group (www.seelegal.org)
- Getting the Deal Through â€“ Dispute Resolution 2015 - 2017
- ICLG: Enforcement on Foreign Judgments 2016-2018
- ICLG: Litigation and Dispute Resolution 2016-2018
Our Macedonian affiliate is a leading full-service law firm. Established in 1946 the firm continues to provide top-quality legal services and is recognized and praised by clients and relevant legal directories. The team has extensive experience working with domestic and international clients on diverse issues across all business law practice areas. The main focus of services is directed to multinational corporations, banks and international financial institutions, providing experienced legal advice in many practice areas and offering a wide range of legal services.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our team in Macedonia can provide advice and counsel on any labor and employment law matter. The firmâ€™s lawyers have extensive experience in providing clients with specialized advice and counsel on issues in all labor and employment law practice areas. Areas of expertise include preparation of all relevant labor-related documentation, disciplinary procedures, dismissals, settlements, discrimination, outsourcing and service agreements, among many other areas. The dedication of the firmâ€™s lawyers enables it to offer assistance needed to address all clientâ€™s needs for a prompt and well-reasoned legal advice.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our business law affiliate has special expertise in all areas of law such as, major mergers and acquisitions involving international investors, preparation of legal due diligence reports, creation of banks, establishing insurance and leasing companies, trade and production companies, hospitals and medical care institutions, commercial, civil and criminal litigations, financial transactions, loans and enforcements, employment issues, preparation and review of contracts, real estate transactions, share transfers, protection of consumers, competition issues and telecommunications.
The firm provides full legal support to its corporate clients. The teamâ€™s services enable clients to achieve local legal compliance on data protection, consumer protection, competition and anti-trust, labour law requirements, and reporting requirements. The firm prepares drafts and reviews contracts with suppliers and/or buyers and provides legal assistance at the courts and governmental agencies in the Republic of Macedonia.
Over 80% of the firmâ€™s clients are multinational corporations and international financial institutions. Most of the firmâ€™s experience is practically achieved and applied in supporting international clients.
The teamâ€™s client list comprises of international finance institutions, banks, insurance companies, tobacco business, energy, telecommunications, metals industry, construction companies and transportation companies.
- Locations: Skopje
- Size: 4 Partners, 9 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Labor & employment, corporate and M&A, banking and finance, real estate, litigation and arbitration, competition, regulatory and compliance, energy and mining, intellectual property, insurance law, among many others.
- Languages: German, English, French, Russian, Croatian, Serbian
Recommended by The Legal 500, Chambers Global, IFLR1000 Best Lawyers