With 15 years of experience in labor and employment law, Arturs has effectively represented clients nationally and internationally including in civil, arbitration and administrative courts. Judgments won have been recognised as some of the most important at national level.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Competition Law
- Infrastructure, Real Estate and Construction
- IT and Telecommunication
- Financial Markets
- Partner, Spigulis and Kukainis - 2008 - present
- LL.M. - International and European Union Law (with merit) Riga Graduate School of Law - Riga, Latvia
- B.A. - Professional Law Degree - Concordia Internationa University School of Law - Tallinn, Estonia
Languages: Latvian, English, Russian, Lithuanian
- Latvian Collegium of Sworn Advocates since 2005
- Member of Commission for the Applicants' Documents Evaluation of the Latvian Collegium of Sworn Advocates
- Latvian Hockey Federation
- Member of Commission for Transfer of Players of the Latvian Hockey Federation
With full coverage in Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania, our Baltics affiliates are the regionâ€™s leading full-service practice providing a complete coordinated service. We provide our clients with advice and counsel in all critical business and labor law practice areas, with specialized knowledge of each Baltic state, and how they interact with each other. The Baltic team have received recognition for their work advising major guiding large multinationals and other growing companies in selling into and establishing and growing their presence throughout the Baltics from start to finish.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The Baltic team advises clients on all aspects of labor and employmet law in the Baltic region. The team has expert knowledge in a variety of labor law practice areas, including hiring, terminations and exits, policies and handbooks, EU and local regulations, executive remuneration, fiduciary responsibilities, contracts and amendments, including changes on work conditions, collective bargaining, works councils, directorsâ€™ liabilities, non-competition, confidentiality, and many other areas. In addition, our lawyers in the Baltics have extensive experience assisting clients through international legal structures, with particular focus in helping international organizations comply with the various employment law standards across the region.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our team can work with clients on any issue that arises in the process of doing business in the Baltics. Our lawyers have extensive experience working in all major business law practice areas, including M&A, restructuring, management buyouts, shareholder disputes, corporate governance, and joint ventures, among many other areas as specified in our practice areas below. The team is recognized as a regional leader in assisting clients in conducting business, frequently hosting seminars and conferences on different aspects of business law.
Representative clients include a wide cross-section of international companies through diverse industry sectors.
- Locations: Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn
- Size: 46 lawyers (Latvia - 10 lawyers, Estonia - 18 lawyers, Lithuania - 18 lawyers)
- Business Law Practice Areas: M&A, Corporate & Commercial, Banking & Finance, Competition/Antitrust, Construction, Compliance, Energy & Natural Resources, Environment, Franchise & Distribution, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Insolvency, Insurance, Intellectual Property, International Trade, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Media, Fintech, Communications & Technology, Private Equity, Privatization, PPP/PFI, Public Procurement, Real Estate, Shipping & Transport, Sports, Tax, White-collar crime, and Labor and Employment.
- Listed in Legal 500, Chambers Europe, and IFLR 1000 for excellence in a variety of business law practice areas.