Michael has more than 30 yearsâ€™ experience advising exclusively on contentious and non-contentious employment matters. He advises on all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Partner, Byrne Wallace, 1995 â€“ Present
- Solicitor, Byrne Collins & Moran, 1987 â€“ 1995
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University College Dublin,1982
- Qualified Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland,1987
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Chairman of the Irish Law Societyâ€™s Employment and Equality Committee (2010-2012).
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Employment Law Association of Ireland.
- Former Secretary of the Irish Society for Labor Law.
- Michael is co-author of the Law Societyâ€™s Employment Law Manual (published by Oxford University Press 2011).
- Michael lectures widely on employment law issues and is a regular speaker on the Law Societyâ€™s Continuing Legal Education programme. He chaired the Societyâ€™s Employment Law Update in 2011 and in 2012.
- Noted as a â€śLeading Individualâ€ť in Irish Employment Law - Legal 500, 2013
- Noted as a leading (â€śBand 1â€ť) Irish employment lawyer - Chambers & Partners 2013
- Employment Lawyer of the Year, 2012 - Inaugural Irish Law Awards.
Our affiliate in Ireland is a national leader in business and labor law. As one of the largest and most progressive law firms in Ireland, its clients come from diverse industries, including alternative energy, pharmaceuticals, commercial real estate, and healthcare, among many others. The firm maintains an office in New York to facilitate its work for North American clients, and has teams to handle any issue pertaining to business or labor law.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our affiliateâ€™s labor law team is the largest in Ireland, and is consistently ranked the top employment law team in the nation. Our lawyers can advise and counsel clients on an array of employment law issues, including dismissals, pensions, severances, business transfers, and recruitment, among many other practice areas. The firm also provides regular seminars for clients to keep them up to date on relevant national and international changes to labor law.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our Irish team can provide advice and counsel on a full range of business law practice areas, from dispute resolution to biotechnology, capital markets to commercial contracts. With offices in both Ireland and New York, our client has in recent years emphasized international business law practice and the nuances of laws pertaining to international businesses. The firm represents domestic and international clients in a variety of industry sectors, including banking, media, and telecommunications.
Representative clients include Elan, Ovagen, Dignity Scienes, Firecrest Clinical, Amarin, Avoca Capital, Tommy Hilfiger, and the Bank of Ireland.
- Location: Dublin
- Size: 40 Partners, 80 Associates/Solicitors
- Business Law Practice Areas: Administrative Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution; Antitrust; Arbitration; Banking and Financial Services; Biotechnology; Capital Markets; Commercial Contracts; Commercial Litigation; Commercial Property; Construction; Consumer Law; Corporate Commercial; Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency; Corporate Secretarial; Data Protection; Debt Capital Markets; Dispute Resolution; Employment law; Environmental Law; Equity Capital Markets; EU, Competition and Regulatory Law; Family Businesses; Foreign Direct Investment; Freedom of Information; Green Economy, among many others.
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Recommended by Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, and The Legal 500 for excellence in a wide array of business law practice areas, including employment and real estate