20 years of experience in labor law,10 of which as a partner, in particular including individual- and collective labor law, expatriate services, body leasing, staffing services and adoption of foreign employment related labor- and management contracts and policies to local law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Intellectual Property
- Partner, Melchers 2003 - Present
- Lawyer, Melchers, 1998 - 2003
- Julius-Maximilians-UniversitĂ¤t WĂĽrzburg, Germany
Languages: German and English
- Regular lecturing in seminars and conferences on labor law related topics such as expatriate services, liability of managing directors, risks of body leasing regulations, employment related compliance.
Our German affiliate is an independent, medium sized, full service commercial law firm with approximately 35 lawyers working in the companyâ€™s offices in Frankfurt am Main, Berlin and Heidelberg. Since its foundation 40 years ago, our German team has steadily grown based on its client and team orientated consulting approach. The firmâ€™s 360Â° view on its clients' needs is combined with in depth knowledge, experience and expertise in specific areas such as labor, corporate, distribution, white collar crime, advertisement and IT/IP.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our affiliate maintains a strong focus on its labor law related practice. The current labor law practice group consists of approximately ten lawyers rendering their services out of each of the affiliateâ€™s offices. The members of the practice group continuously render high end services covering M&A projects, non-contentious and contentious individual and collective labor law matters including collective bargaining, expatriate, social security/pension plans, labor related data protection and IP/IT issues and implementation of compliance systems on employee level.
The Plus: Business Law Capacity:
Our German partner provides the benefit of being capable of rendering a full range of business related legal services. Apart from its large corporate, IT/IP and commercial practice the team has established a long lasting and in depth experience in advising its clients, in particular in compliance/white collar crime, construction/real estate, advertisement and gambling law. Areas of expertise include finance (bonds/syndicated loans, PE), litigation/dispute resolution, public procurement/administrative law, insolvency, money transfer, cartel and insurance law (in particular distribution and regulatory aspects).
The firm's clients include banks, insurances/insurance distributors, large retailers, manufacturers, members of the public/private gambling industry, leading advertisement agencies as well as IT and construction companies.
In addition, we have a longstanding specialist correspondent which is one of the leading technology law firms in Germany for specialist issues which works with us as a seamless part of our overall German client service.
- Locations: Heidelberg, Frankfurt am Main, Berlin
- Size:16 Partners, 19 Associates
- Languages: German, English
- Business Law Practice Areas: Employment Law; Succession of Businesses; Capital Markets; Corporate Law; IP, Gambling, Commercial Law; Real Estate and Construction Law; Press Law and Media; Administrative Law, Public Procurement; Insolvency; Fair Trade/Cartel Law; White Collar Crime; IT; Telecommunication; Insurance Law;