Yves has more than 30 yearsâ experience in advising French and non French clients on employment and labor law issues, dealing with massive redundancies, litigation and settlements, restructuring and plant shutdowns, outsourcing and service agreements, collective bargaining agreements, stock option plans, profit sharing plans, global mobility, Works Council, Unions, privacy and data protection, discrimination, negotiation of pay package and severance agreements and very complex employment issues linked to cross-border transactions.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Bank financing and capital markets financing
- General corporate law
- Partner at GinestiĂ© Magellan Paley-Vincent: 2019 - Present
- Partner at Bersay & AssociĂ©s: 2000 - 2018
- Jeantet & AssociĂ©s (Paris and New York offices) 1991-1999
- Graduate of Paris I PanthĂ©on-Sorbonne
- Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1991
- Member of the International Bar Association
Conferences / Lectures:
- âClientsâ conferences on labor law themes
- âThe annual evaluation meetingâ - in collaboration with Group BPI - November 2012
- IFA (Invest in France Agency) Japanese Investors Club on the theme âinternational mobility and collective bargaining in Franceâ in Tokyo on July 2012 and in Paris in November 2012
- âEmployers obligation to search for redeploymentâ - in collaboration with Monceau CarriĂšres - March 2012
- Quarterly newsletter on Labor and Employment Law
- Labor and Employment Team, Liaisons Sociales â January 2012
- âThe âforfaits-joursâ(i.e. working time package in days), the French Supreme Court seeks a balance between a validation of the system and increased requirements in its implementationâ â Journal des sociĂ©tĂ©s nÂ°90 â September 2011
- "Employeesâ invention rules", CHUOKEIZAI-SHA, INC, Biijinesu HĂŽmu â June 2011
Our French affiliate is a leading full-service business law firm. The team has the capacity to provide advice and counsel on any business and labor law practice areas, including real estate, private equity, capital markets, litigation/arbitration, intellectual property, tax and many others. Our French team also takes a solidly international approach to its legal practice, ensuring that all its lawyers work in French and English, with most fluent in a third language, as well. Accordingly, the team affiliate has extensive experience working with multinational companies in all manner of international transactions and disputes.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team can advise and counsel clients on any issue related to labor law. The firm advises a diverse range of local and international clients on collective and individual matters and has the capacity to provide specialized counsel in all major labor law areas, including employee representation, employee contracts, strike settlements, and enforcement of Franceâs 35-hour work week and numerous employee protections, among many other areas. In addition, our French lawyers are experienced in cross-border transactions and disputes and can guide clients through the documentation necessary to bring foreign employees to France.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our firm can provide advice and counsel on any legal issue that arises in the process of doing business in France. Its lawyers can provide specialized advice on problems in all business law practice areas, including M&A, Restructuring/Insolvency, Corporate, Real Estate, Information Technology including Data Privacy and Intellectual Property among many other areas. In recent years, our teamâs Paris office has worked on some of the countryâs most high-profile business transactions and regularly works with multinational corporations to help them build a French presence. Representative clients include French and foreign companies from all segments of the economy, as well as individual entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
- Location: Paris
- Size: 12 Partners, 20 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: : Labor & Employment Law; M&A; Private Equity; Capital Market; Banking & Finance; EU & Competition; Litigation; Arbitration; Restructuring/Insolvency; Information Technology & Intellectual Property; Media; Telecommunications; Pharma Life/Sciences; Real Estate; Construction; Environment; Public Law
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian
- Listed in Chambers Europe, Option Droit & Affaires and The Legal 500 for excellence in various business law practice areas