12+ years of experience in labor and employment law including dispute resolution. Carola advises clients on aspects of employment law, including day-to-day advice, employment and executive agreements, as well as terminations and reorganisations. She assists clients in matters relating to data protection and privacy issues with a particular focus on human resources data and employment issues. Carola also represents clients before general courts and arbitration tribunals, especially in employment-related matters.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Dispute Resolution
- Partner, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2016â€“ to Present
- Senior Associate, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2011â€“2016
- Trainee District Judge, 2009â€“2010
- Associate, Aaltonen,Alho & Untamala Oy Law Office, 1996â€“1998
- Law Clerk, Helsinki District Court, 2009-2010
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2007
- UniversitĂ© de Caen Basse-Normandie, France, 2004-2005
Languages: English, Finnish, Swedish, French
- Finnish Bar Association
- Finnish Arbitration Association
- Swedish Arbitration Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association, board member
Rankings / Listings:
- Legal 500 (EMEA) 2019 (Employment): Listed as a Recommended Lawyer
- Chambers Global 2019 (Dispute Resolution): "Clients describe her as 'very proactive, very reliable and with a great way of explaining Finnish law'."
- Chambers Europe 2019 (Employment): "Clients particularly appreciate that 'she knows the legislation very well' and 'can pick the important stuff out of the bigger context'.'"
- Chambers Europe 2018 (Employment): "Clients praise her 'very good technical knowledge,' adding that she is 'reliable, always service-minded, responds quickly and understands the whole picture'."
Our affiliate, based in Helsinki is one of the largest corporate law firms in Finland with five regional offices throughout the country in JyvĂ¤skylĂ¤, Kuopio, Oulu, Tampere and Turku. The practice covers a broad spectrum of business law disciplines including transactional and regulatory matters. The firmâ€™s clients include leading public and private companies, multinationals, banks and other financial institutions, as well as private equity investors. It also advises governments, governmental authorities and international organisations.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team of highly experienced lawyers advise clients on all aspects of employment law, ranging from contracts of employment, especially for senior management, dismissals and redundancies (both collective and individual) as well as employment disputes. It also advises on employment law and pension aspects of mergers and acquisitions, outsourcings and corporate reorganisations. The team have considerable experience in structuring and implementing share and other long-term incentive schemes. Our labor and employment lawyers also advise clients on all aspects of privacy and data protection.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firm has leading practices in many areas including mergers and acquisitions where they advise on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions in the public and private markets, many of which have cross-border elements. The firm is consistently ranked as a leading firm and they work in seamless co-operation with members of other practice groups to respond to the individual requirements of each transaction. The firm also has a leading technology, media and telecommunications practiced and they regularly advise clients on their challenging, complex and high-profile assignments. Among other sectors cover the firm advises lenders, borrowers and other parties on all types of domestic and international financing transactions, all aspects of competition law with a focus on merger control, abuse of dominant market position, distribution systems and cartel investigations.
The team has a particularly strong focus among many industries served in the energy, finance, food and beverage, healthcare, insurance, real estate, technology and telecommunications, transport and logistics sectors and are frequently involved in international assignments in some of the most challenging and high profile assignments in the market.
- Locations: Helsinki, JyvĂ¤skylĂ¤, Kuopio, Oulu, Tampere and Turku.
- Size: 29 Partners, 59 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Securities, Competition and Regulatory, Corporate and Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Employment and Benefits, Energy and Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Public Procurement, Real Estate, Restructuring and Insolvency, State Aid, Taxation, Technology, Media and Telecommunications.
- Languages: English, Finnish, Spanish
- Chambers Europe 2013 - Award for Excellence in Finland
- The Legal 500 2013 -Rated for overall excellent in service
- Ranked in the FLR1000 2013 for its Capital Markets, M &A and Finance and Banking practices
- Legal 500 2012 - Listed as one of the best law firms in Finland