21 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Tilia Law, December 2011- Present
- Verhaegen Walravens, June 2007 - November 2011
- Loyens Advocaten, November 2003 â€“ May 2007
- Linklaters De Bandt, October 1997 - October 2003
- Degree in Law (KULeuven) â€“ 1996
- Degree in Specialized Additional Studies in Economic and Social Law (Ghent University) - 1997
- LL.M â€˜International Legal Studiesâ€™ (Georgetown University Law Center) - 2001
Languages: English, French and Dutch
- Enrolled at the Brussels Bar since 1997
- Regular panel speaker at IBA conferences since 2006 re: International Mobility and Corporate Immigration.
Our Belgian affiliate is one of the leading international mid-sized firms serving multinationals in the Belgian market for many years. The team takes a regional approach to European law and its partners bring special expertise in European Union law to all their work. Our lawyers regularly collaborate with colleagues in other countries to provide clients with solutions that work across borders.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our team in Belgium is equipped to provide advice and counsel on any labor law matter. Our lawyers have extensive experience in an array of labor law practice areas such as individual employment, collective labor law and Social Security.
Examples of the type of work undertaken on a regular basis include: assistance with regard to the social aspects in the context of business start-ups; negotiation and drafting of individual employment contracts; supervising termination arrangements; formulation and implementation of labor regulations and other business regulations; employment of foreign workers, both EU citizens and third country nationals; negotiating and drafting non-competition agreements with former employees; intellectual property rights in labor law; negotiation and drafting of collective agreements; labor law aspects of transfers of companies and branches of activity; outsourcing or insourcing of activities or services; guidance in the event of collective redundancies and the closure of companies; assistance for the resolution of collective disputes; advice and litigation on social security for workers and self-employed.
The team can also assist foreign clients establishing a presence in Belgium with work permits, visas, and expatriate management.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our affiliate can provide advice and counsel on all legal matters that may arise in doing business in Belgium. Our lawyers regularly work on complex cross-border transactions and disputes, drawing on a large network of international connections to provide clients from diverse sectors with smart solutions.
The teamâ€™s clients come from across the globe and across industry sectors.
- Location: Brussels
- Size: 6 Partners, 8 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: corporate / M&A, employment, litigation and arbitration, restructuring and insolvency, non-profit, healthcare, insurance, real estate, pensions
- Languages: English, Dutch/Flemish, French, German