24 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate & transactions
- Litigation & arbitration
- Intellectual property
- Personal data protection/cybersecurity
- Founding Partner of Eiger, 2008 - Present
- Wenger & Vieli/Wenfei in Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei, 2003-2008
- Major law firms in Cleveland and Taipei
- Peking University (visiting scholar, 1996-1997)
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D.
- University of Missouri, B.J.
Languages: English, Chinese (Mandarin)
- International Bar Association
- International Association of Entertainment Lawyers
- International Trademark Association
- Chair of IPR Committee of the European Chamber of Commerce Taiwan
- Arbitrator of the Arbitration Society of Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and Asialaw leading lawyer
- ACQ5 Foreign Lawyer of the Year (2019)
- ACQ5 Gamechanger of the Year (2018)
- Managing International Property â€śIP Starâ€ť
- In-demand speaker on employment law, with numerous engagements in Asia, Europe and North America
- Quoted in several international publications, including Nikkei Asian Review, Forbes, News Lens, Asian Legal Business
- "A Quick Primer on Taiwan Employment Law"
- "Senior Executive Termination Pitfalls in Taiwan"
- "Taiwan Employment Law for the Busy Executive"
Our affiliate in Taiwan has offices in Taipei and also in PRC (Shanghai). The firm offers a full-service legal practice to clients ranging from major multinationals and financial heavyweights to SMEs across a wide range of industries. The multilingual team has been internationally recognized for its diversity.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our affiliateâ€™s Taiwan office has a highly specialized team of employment lawyers with a proven track record in handling labor and employment issues that businesses face in Taiwan.
The firmâ€™s labor team advises global companies on all matters relating to labor and employment law, including advice and drafting of employment contracts, pension rules and arrangements, collective and individual labor relations, termination and layoffs, expatriate and cross-border employment arrangements and employee handbooks.
The firm is recognised by leading international legal directories including Asialaw, which ranks the firm in the top tier for Employment. The Legal 500 also ranks our affiliate in Tier One for Employment, praising the firmâ€™s "... 'responsive, business focused' employment team."
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firm consistently delivers innovative, cost-efficient solutions in practice areas including mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and reorganization, intellectual property, plus fintech and data protection.
Other important practice areas include: corporate and commercial law; foreign investment; litigation & arbitration; dispute resolution; compliance; biotech/healthcare and space law.
- Location: Taipei & Shanghai
- Size: 3 Partners, 23 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Labor & employment, mergers & acquisitions; corporate and commercial law; foreign investment; fintech, data protection and information security; litigation & arbitration; dispute resolution; bankruptcy & reorganisation; compliance; competition and antitrust; healthcare, biotech & life sciences; tax; art, media and entertainment law; real estate; logistics/aviation, aerospace and space law.
- Languages: English, Chinese, German, French, Japanese
- Five lawyers have been ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2016 as leading lawyers in their respective practice areas. The firm also ranks in the upper tiers for Corporate, Dispute Resolution, IP, Gaming, TMT, and Employment.
- The firm is ranked in Legal 500 for several of its practice areas, including Tier 1 for Employment and TMT; Tier 2 for Dispute Resolution, IP, TMT, and Employment.