A broad based cross-border lawyer, Jung Woo has 12 years of experience specialising in labor and employment law and significant experience representing multinational clients both nationally and internationally. He focuses on advisory services including labor relations strategy, employment disputes, personnel management, regulatory compliance (including internal investigations) and litigation services pertaining to employment related matters among other high level as well as day to day matters for leading companies.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate & Finance
- Criminal Defence
- Workforce Restructuring and Performance Management
- Internal Investigations
- Workplace Safety
- Partner, Yulchon LLC, 2020 - present
- Member, Legal Advisory Group for Overseas Expansion of Small and Medium Enterprises, Ministry of Justice - 2019 - present
- Member, oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners - 2017-2018
- Bae, Kim & Lee LLC - 2011- 2020
- Judge Advocate, International Cooperation Center, Supreme Prosecutorâ€™s Office â€“ 2008-2011
- Intern, Office of Congressman Yun Keun Woo - 2005
- Kyoto University, Faculty of Law â€“ 2016-2018
- Judicial research and Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea â€“ 2008
- Seoul National University, Graduate School of Law â€“ 2008
- Seoul National University, LLB â€“ 2005
Languages: English, Korean, Japanese
Our South Korean affiliate is a leading full-service international law firm. The team has the capacity to provide advice and counsel on all major business and labor law practice areas, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate and finance, antitrust and other business regulation, dispute resolution, tax, intellectual property, real estate and construction, and overseas investment, insurance and TMT among many other areas. The team provides clients with the highest quality of legal services and has extensive experience of working with multinational companies in all manner of international transactions and disputes. Having represented clients from six continents and helped regional companies expand around the globe, the firm has the global reach and capabilities to effectively break through boundaries across cultures and practices, making it one of Koreaâ€™s most prominent law firms.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our team in South Korea advises numerous companies including Fortune 500 companies on various labor and employment related matters, including restructuring plans and business transfers. To avoid unnecessary disputes and liabilities, the team regularly performs trouble-shooting sessions on all aspects of corporate projects. Experience includes working in all aspects of restructuring, closing and opening in South Korea, regulatory aspects of Korean labor law including overtime and retrenchment. The team has extensive experience in representing clients encountering highly involved and complicated negotiations with labor unions, labor disputes, and including advocacy work performed before local labor committees and Korean courts.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our affiliate has extensive experience in working with clients across a variety of sectors, providing advice and counsel on a full range of business law issues in the region. The teamâ€™s lawyers have an extensive track record and a thorough knowledge of all major business law practice areas, including antitrust, tax, dispute resolution, intellectual property, corporate and finance, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and construction, among many other areas.
The team represents domestic and international clients from a wide range of sectors, including financial services, pharmaceuticals, data and media, automobile, technology, energy, and other leading industrial sectors.
- Location: Seoul
- Size: 400 Professionals, 60 Attorneys
- Business Law Practice Areas: Labor & Employment; Mergers & Acquisitions; Corporate Commercial; Intellectual Property; Litigation; Antitrust, Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring; Corporate General; Real Estate and Construction; Restructuring; Regulatory Law
- Languages: English, Korean, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese
Among the awards earned by the teams:
- Employer of Choice â€“ Asian Legal Business, 2020
- Band 1, Antitrust & Competition â€“ Chambers Asia, 2020
- Band 1, Tax â€“ Chambers Asia, 2020
- Band 1, Shipping: Finance â€“ Chambers Asia, 2020
- Tier 1, Tax â€“ Legal 500, 2020
- Tier 1 Dispute Resolution â€“ Legal 500, 2020
- Tier 1, TMT â€“ Legal 500, 2020
- GCR 100 Elite: Competition Law, 2020
- Tier 1: M&A â€“ IFLR1000, 2020
- Band 1, Employment â€“ Chambers Asia, 2018
- Tier 1, Employment â€“ Legal 500, 2018