37 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Senior Partner/Labor Group Head, JG Law (Jimenez Gonzalez Bello Valdez Caluya & Fernandez, 1999-Present
- Partner, Bengzon Narcisco Cudala Pecson Bengson & Jimenez, 1994-1998
- Associate and Senior Associaye, Bengzon Narcisco Cudala Pecson Bengson & Jimenez, 1980-1994
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, 1975, Ateneo de Manila University
- Bachelor of Laws, 1979, Ateneo de Manila University
Languages: English, Filipino
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP)
- Philippine Bar Association (PBA)
- Legal Management Council of the Philippines
- Ateneo Law Alumni Association Inc.
- Principal author of the article âThe Prudence of Complying with Due Process Requirement and its Financial Consequences in Employee Termination,â Ateneo Law Journal, December 2010
- Author of the article âCommon Labor Malpracticeâ, Integritas, Vol. Series 2011-2012 (March 2012), Teehankee Center for the Rule of Law (Ateneo Law School)
- Author of various articles posted in 2004-2006 by the International Law Office in its website www.internationallawoffice.com, newsletter section (Philippines).
Established in 1951, our affiliate 25 lawyer office in the Philippines is considered one of the leading boutique firms in the region. It is a full-service business law firm, providing a comprehensive range of legal services to top-tier clients both domestically and internationally.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team handles an extensive range of legal services pertaining to employment standards and industrial relations with a reputation on all matters regarding labor and employment law includes the preparation of labor contracts; company manuals, rules and regulations, consultancy agreements and representation before collective bargaining negotiations and hearings before labor courts and agencies.
The practice ranges from providing expert legal advice on complex, labor-related issues including retrenchment, outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions, and in assisting in the conduct of administrative proceedings.
The firmâs commitment to labor law issues includes comprehensive seminars on employment-related topics provide to inform corporate clients about all labor law issues they may encounter.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firmâs business law practice extends to all areas of investment and operations in the Philippines, including extensive experience in the formation, merger, and acquisition of private companies, joint ventures, and spin-off companies.
Given the teamâs emphasis on developing tax-efficient structures for companies investing in the Philippines, the team are also able to advise on issues pertaining to corporate reorganizations, debt restructuring, stock exchange floatations, initial public offerings, secondary offerings, and tender offers.
The firmâs client base includes companies from a diverse range of fields including banking, finance, insurance, manufacturing, business process outsourcing (BPO), property management, manpower recruitment, agri-fuels and bio-technology, healthcare, food and beverage, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, chemical, mining, electronics, travel, entertainment, shipping, land transportation, construction, telecommunications, power and energy and religious congregations and schools, among other areas.
- Locations: Makati City, Metro Manila
- Size: 10 Partners, 14 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Corporate and Taxation Law; Intellectual Property and Litigation
- Languages: English, Filipino (Tagalog)
- Recognized/listed in Legal 500 (Philippines)
- International Whoâs Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers,
- PLC âWhich Player?â