More than 25 years of experience in labor and employment law, including in general corporate and commercial work, with emphasis on capital markets, corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Securities transactions
- Infrastructure and project financing transactions
- General corporate and commercial matters
Founding Partner of SOEWITO SUHARDIMAN EDDYMURTHY KARDONO, 1992 - Present
- Faculty of Law - University of Indonesia, Jakarta (S.H., 1984)
- Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, U.S.A. - Visiting Scholars Program (Certificate, 1991)
- Academy of American and International Law, International and Comparative Law, Dallas, Texas, U.S.A. (Certificate, 1991)
Languages: English, Indonesian
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA),
- Indonesian Association of Capital Market Legal Consultants (Himpunan Konsultan Hukum Pasar Modal)
- Persatuan Advokat Indonesia (Peradi).
- Euromoney Handbooks, â€śThe 2010 Negative Investment List: A Positive Change for Indonesia's Capital Market,â€ť 2010
- European Lawyer Reference Series, Indonesia chapter, March 2011
- Asian-MENA Counsel, â€śGeothermal Energy in Indonesia: Untapped Potential,â€ť Special Report on Energy and Natural Resources, April 2011
- IFLR 1000, Legislative Update, Indonesia chapter, 2013
- Presentation on FCPA conducted by AMCHAM, Jakarta, April 2009
- Presentation on Minerba Law at TERMS 2009 conducted by Faculty of Law of the University of Indonesia, Jakarta, April 2009
- Attend IFLR Asia M&A Forum 2012 conducted by IFLR, Hong Kong, February 2012
- Speaker at the 25th LAWASIA Conference "Corporate Securities and Investment" session on "M&A and the Art of Deal Making" , Bali, November 2012
Established in 1992, our team in Jakarta is one of the largest international business law firms in Indonesia. The 50-lawyer, full-service practice represents local and multinational corporations across a wide range of business sectors. The team in Indonesia applies its comprehensive understanding of the legal environment to its work on day-to-day business operations as well as major corporate transactions, restructurings and expansions.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Experienced in working with shifting government regulations in the region, the team in Indonesia is a leader in helping to resolve clientsâ€™ labor law issues. The team advises on areas including severance matters, personnel policies and work rules, employment contracts, collective bargaining arrangements, pension funds, secondment arrangements, mandatory training and social security programs and related matters.
The firm also specializes in arranging work permits, visas, residency permits and related governmental approvals and filings. In the event of a dispute, our counsel can represent corporate clients in settlement negotiations and appear before the relevant administrative tribunals.
Lawyers from our team in Indonesia recently published a seven-part report on employment law in Indonesia, focusing on terms and conditions of employment, employee representation and industrial relations, discrimination, maternity and family leave, business sales, termination, and court practice and procedure.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firmâ€™s work for Indonesian, foreign, transnational and multinational clients covers a wide range of specialist areas, including arbitration and dispute resolution, mining and geothermal and shipping and logistics.
- Location: Jakarta
- Size: 7 Partners, 38 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Antitrust & Competition Law; Arbitration & Dispute Resolution; Banking & Finance; Capital Markets & Securities; Energy, Mining & Geothermal, Environment; Forestry & Plantation, Infrastructure & Project Finance; Insurance, IT & Telecoms; Mergers & Acquisitions; Oil & Gas; Real Estate; Restructuring & Insolvency; Risk Management & Compliance; Shipping & Logistics; Tax Law
- Languages: English, Indonesian
- Recognized as the Indonesian Law Firm of the Year, Chambers Asia, 2011
- Awarded Law Firm of the Year, Asian-Counsel Magazine, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Best Firm in Indonesia, Euromoneyâ€™s Asia Women in Business Law Awards, 2011