Over 30 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Visas & Immigration
- Commercial Law
- Partner, TressCox (10 years)
- Previously Partner, Cutler Hughes & Harris (7 years)
- Associate, Coudert Brothers (5 years)
- Associate, Ashurst (4 years)
- Australian National University â€“ BA (Asian Studies) (Hons) 1983
- LLB (Hons) 1984
Languages: English, Japanese
- Law Council of Australia
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Notary Public
- Registered Migration Agent no.9472015
Our Australian affiliate is Australiaâ€™s largest legal partnership with 1,088 staff including 210 Partners, 544 other legal staff and 324 support staff with offices in nine locations: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Norwest (North West Sydney), Perth and Sydney. The firm acts on behalf of global multinationals and Australian companies doing business both nationally and internationally and, provides expertise in all areas of labor and employment law as well as having a nuanced understanding of Australian business and regulatory practice.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team has extensive experience in labor and employment law working throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our labor and employment team have a background in employment contracts, industrial relations, employee entitlements, statutory obligations, occupational health and safety matters, discrimination, unfair dismissals, and contracts, among many others. The team can also advise and negotiate on employment as it relates to commercial transactions, providing clients with insight into the appropriate procedures to minimize risk when recruiting staff and terminating employees.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firm has an established international business practice for companies doing business in Australia or moving or changing their business operations in Australia including in cross-border operations.
The broad-based business law practice includes providing comprehensive law services for major companies in corporate and commercial law for cross-border mergers & acquisitions and corporate group reorganization and re-structuring of global businesses.
Since its establishment, the firmâ€™s client base has ranged from individuals to multinational Fortune 500 companies and government departments including chambers of industry and commerce.
- Locations: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Norwest (North West Sydney), Perth and Sydney
- Size: 210 Partners, 544 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Employment and Industrial Relations; M&A and Restructuring; Administrative Law; Banking and Financial Services; Biotechnology and Life Sciences; Building and Construction; Climate Change; Competition and Consumer Law; Corporate, Commercial,;; Energy and Resources; Entertainment, Communications & Media; Estate Planning, Trusts & Estate Litigation; Government & Probity; Health; Infrastructure; Insolvency; Insurance & Corporate Risk; Intellectual Property; International Business; Litigation & Dispute Resolution; Commercial Property; Tax & Revenue; Technology; Visas & Immigration; Water; and Wealth Planning, Automotive, Agribusiness; Captial Markets; Climate Change & Sustainability: Commercial Contracting; Competition & Consumer: Construction and Infrastructure: Franchising & Retail: Government; Health; Native Title & indigenous Cultural Geritage; Planning & Environment; Privacy, Data Protection & Cyber Security; Safety; Superannuation and Transport; among other areas.
- Languages: English, German, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese
- Recognized in Asia-Pacific Legal 500 for outstanding service across sectors
- Ranked #1 in Australia by Best LawyersÂ® Australia across numerous sectors