28 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution
- Shipping & maritime
- Partner, Templars Barristers & Solicitors, to Present
- Lawyer, Olaniwun Ajayi, LLP
- Lawyer, Olisa Agbakoba & Associates
- Admitted to Nigerian Bar 1990
- LL.B University of Cross River State, Nigeria, 1989
- B.L Nigerian Law School, Lagos, Nigeria, 1990
- LL.M Maritime & Commercial Law, Lagos State University, Lagos, Nigeria, 2004
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Guide to International Employment and Labor Law (2012) Joint Authorship
- Bankruptcy As a Tool for Debt Recovery (2003)
- Promoting Nigeriaâ€™s Non-Oil Private Sector (2005) Joint Authorship
- Maritime Newsletter Vol. 2 (2006) Joint Authorship with Olisa Agbakoba SAN, OON
- â€śForeign Judgmentsâ€ť (edited by P. Satyanarayana Prasad, ICFAI University Press, 2008) Joint Authorship
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Nigeria: Employee Issues Arising (IBA Newsletter, Sept. 2011)
- Nigerian Owned Vessels Under the Cabotage Regime: Legal Implications of Bareboat Registration (Presented at the Strategic Admiralty Seminar for Judges, December 2012)
- The Future of the Employment Relationship (Work â€“ Life Balance in Nigeria) (Presented in the Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee Session at the IBA Conference, Dublin, October 2012)
- Strategic Admiralty Seminar for Judges, December 2012)
- Legal Issues at the IBA in Maritime and Seafarers Claims (Presented at the Strategic Admiralty Seminar for Judges, December 2011)
- Interim & Interlocutory Applications (Presented at the Training on Effective Litigation Skills: Trial Advocacy in the High Court, October 2011)
With offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Uyo, and with two decades of experience, our affiliate firm in Nigeria is one of the leading firms in Nigeria with in depth experience representing multinationals in the country including in labor and employment law. The team works regularly with international corporations establishing and maintaining companies in Nigeria. As such, our lawyers in Nigeria have extensive experience working to grow business in Nigeria, and have spent years navigating the countryâ€™s various business and labor laws.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team has worked with a diverse range of multinational corporations as well as domestic businesses, providing advice on all major areas of law pertaining to employers and employees. The team also has specialized experience in various areas of employment law, including trade union regulations, private sector pension schemes, retirement benefits, staff negotiations, employment contracts, and employment protection, among others. In addition, the team in Nigeria places particular focus on immigration law, and has specialized knowledge in visas, permits, quotas and numerous other areas of immigration law.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team is a national leader in Nigerian business law practice, providing advice and representation on all major corporate and commercial law practice areas. The firm has extensive experience advising on domestic and cross-border transactions, assisting clients as they build multinational strategic alliances and business arrangements. Within this wide-ranging knowledge, the firmâ€™s lawyers have specialized experience in dispute resolution, energy and projects, corporate finance, M&As, shipping and maritime, and many other areas.
The firmâ€™s clients include multinational companies, domestic organizations and individuals. A list of clients, transaction history and references is available upon request.
- Location: Lagos
- Size: 9 Partners, 35 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: M&A; Corporate and Commercial; Dispute Resolution; Energy and Projects; Finance; Immigration; Tax; TMT & IP; Shipping & Maritimel and Labor & Employment;
- Languages: English
- Listed on IFLR 1000, The Legal 500, and Chambers for excellence in multiple business law practice areas.