18 years of experience in labor and employment law, including advising on and drafting of executive management contracts.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate, and corporate transactions
- Banking and finance, capital markets
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Partner, Ibrachy & Dermarkar Law Firm, 2013 - Present
- Senior Associate, DLA Matouk Bassiouny â€“ DLA Piper Cairo office, 2010 â€“ 2013
- Senior Associate, Amereller Legal Consultants, 2009-2010
- Attorney, Bryan Cave LLP - Washington DC, 2008-2009
- Associate, Ibrachy & Dermarkar Law Firm, 2003-2006
- LLB English Section, Faculty of Law, Cairo University (2003)
- LLM Public and Private Law (Cairo University) (2005)
- LLM Corporate and Business Law The George Washington University Law School (2006)
- PHD International Trade Law The George Washington University Law School
Languages: Arabic and English
- Member of the Egyptian Bar Association
- New York State Bar
- Thomas Burgenthal Scholarship (2005)
- Mohamed R. Hassanien and Amos Jones, Egyptâ€™s Competitive Liberalization in Services: Bilateral, Regional, and Multilateral, 16-SUM Currents: Int'l Trade L.J. 41
- Mohamed R. Hassanien, International Law Fights Terrorism in the Muslim world: A Middle Eastern Perspective, 36 Denv. J. Int'l L. & Pol'y 221
- Mohamed R. Hassanien, Bilateral WTO-Plus Free Trade Agreements in the Middle East: A Case Study of OFTA in the Post-TRIPS Era, 8 Wake Forest Intell. Prop. L.J. 161
- Mohamed R. Hassanien, Bilateralism and Multilateralism: Can Public International Law Reconcile Between them, Real Options or Further Developments in WTO Jurisprudence, 7Asper Rev. Int'l Bus. & Trade L. 103
- Mohamed R. Hassanien, Greening the Middle East: The regulatory framework of environment chapter of OFTA, Georgetown Environmental Law Review, Vol. XXIII Issue 4, Summer 2011
- United States Bilateral Free Trade Agreements: Consistencies or Conflicts with Norms in the Middle East?, Kluwer Law International, the Hague, August 2010.
Established in 1932, our affiliate in Egypt is a national leader in employment and business law, equipped to handle inquiries in all business law practice areas. The firmâ€™s lawyers are always aware of changes to local and international employment law, ensuring that the solution it provides the client is relevant and useful. The team has extensive experience advising clients on a wide array of matters relating to business and employment law, working with clients from a variety of industry sectors on any business law problem they face.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our affiliate in Egypt provides advice and counsel on all employment law issues. The team has experience in all labor law practice areas, addressing problems relating to employment contracts, taxes and insurance, immigration procedures, management-union relations and safety regulations, among many other topics. In addition to these specialties, the team has wide-ranging experience necessary to answer any inquiry related to domestic or international employment law, frequently working with foreign employees to help them obtain the documentation necessary to get working in Egypt.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firm has earned a reputation as a â€śmajor playerâ€ť in national business law, fully-equipped to provide advice and counsel on any matter related to doing business in Egypt. The team has experience in all business law practice areas, and can address questions of both domestic and international business law in all situations. Areas of special expertise include cross-border transactions, corporate law and corporate transactions, banking, project finance, capital markets, corporate disputes, and litigation, among many others.
Representative clients included the National Bank of Egypt, Alkan, Egyptian Radio and Television Union, and East Mediterranean Gas, among other domestic and international clients.
- Location: Cairo
- Size: 6 Partners, 16 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Administrative Litigation, Aviation Law, Banking Law, Civil Law, Commercial Law, Company Formation, Competition Law, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Distribution and Agency Agreements, Energy and Natural Resources, General Litigation, Insurance Claims, Intellectual Property, International and Domestic Arbitrations, Joint Ventures, and many more.
- Languages: English, Arabic. We also have lawyers who are fluent in French and a German speaking lawyer.
- Listed in The Legal 500 for excellence in a variety of business law practice areas.