25 years of experience in labor and employment law, including transactional work, TUPE and restructurings.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate and M&A
- Trainee, Associate and Partner at F. Castelo Branco & Associados (Lisbon, Portugal), in the Corporate and M&A department, 1997- Present
- Pupil at 12 Kingâ€™s Bench Walk (Chambers of Lord Campbell of Alloway QC) (London, England), in criminal law, 1996
- University of Durham (England), 1995,
- Inns of Court School of Law (England),1996,
- University of Lisbon (Portugal), 1998,
Languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
- Portuguese Bar
- Inner Temple
- PLC Cross-border Handbooks, Labour and Employee Benefits Volume 2, Portugal (2008-2010);
- International Labor & Employment Law (Portugal), Winning Legal Strategies, Aspatore Books, 2006;
- Privacy in the Workplace, Newsletter of the Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee, International Bar Association, 2000.;
Established in 2005 as an associated office of our Portuguese partner, one of the leading firms in Portugal, our Angolan affiliate provides advice and counsel on a full range of issues related to labor, employment and business law. The Angolan team brings together local and international lawyers to solve the problems clients face in conducting cross-border transactions in Angolaâ€™s complex legal landscape.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The employment law team in Angola provides advice on any labor law issue that may arise across the full range of labor law practice areas. Our lawyers frequently help clients work to create human resources that build amicable relations between employer and employee. The firm has specialized expertise in various areas of labor law, including employment, social security, restructuring, collective dismissals and remuneration amongst many others.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team in addition to its expertise in labor law, works with clients on a wide array of business law issues related to the changing legal landscape and practical aspects of establishing businesses in Angola. The team has the capacity to handle issues in all business law practice areas, specializing in international transactions, foreign investment, intellectual property, dispute resolution, taxes, and capital markets.
The firmâ€™s clients include a wide cross-section of international companies that come from a variety of industry sectors. A list of representative clients is available upon request.
- Location: Luanda
- Size (home and abroad): 8 Partners, 61 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Banking and Capital Markets; Corporate, Commercial and M&A; Intellectual Property; Property and Construction; Dispute Resolution; Public, Administrative and Environmental law; Real Estate; Tax
- Languages: English, Portuguese
- Recommended in Chambers Global and The Legal 500 for excellence in numerous business law practice areas, including employment and corporate law.