15 years of experience in labor and employment law, including advising on asset transfers and outsourcing, large scale, cross border reductions in force, confidentiality and restrictive covenant High Court injunctions, senior executive recruitment and terminations, all aspects of discrimination and whistleblowing claims, trade union issues and strikes.
- Partner, Boyes Turner LLP, 2001- Present
- Solicitor and Partner, Berrymans Lace Mawer, 1993 â€“ 2001
- Trainee and Solicitor, Dechert, 1989 â€“ 1992
- University of Manchester 1985 - 1988
- College of Law Guildford 1988 - 1989
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- Regularly lectures on a wide range of employment law related issues
One of the UKâ€™s leading regional full-service law firms, our 106-lawyer affiliate is a highly rated top regional firm with the capacity to provide advice and counsel on a wide array of business and labor law issues. Our British team can answer any inquiry related to business and labor law, and has extensive experience in all practice areas, including banking and finance, employment, e-commerce, and many others. The lawyers work regularly with domestic and international clients on the legal issues that arise in cross-border transactions, and can help clients at any stage of development to do business in Britain.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our team in the UK is equipped to advise and counsel clients on any labor law matter. The team has wide-ranging experience handling cases in all labor law practice areas, providing specialized advice and counsel on transactions, TUPE transfers, immigration, union disputes, works councils, tribunal litigation, compensation and benefits and human resources, contracts, and remuneration among many other issues. In addition, our affiliate firm provides its clients with regular human resources consulting, training, and workplace mediation services designed to mitigate risk and minimize legal fees. The team also works extensively in business immigration law, assisting foreign companies in obtaining work permits and visas for international employees coming to the UK.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our affiliate in the UK is a full-service firm with the capacity to provide advice and counsel on any business law issue. The team specializes in all major business law practice areas, including commercial, IT, intellectual property, competition, and real estate, among many others. The team works regularly with clients on outsourcing and foreign investment as well, helping them to navigate the complexities of business law in the United Kingdom and abroad.
The firmâ€™s clients include domestic and international companies from a wide array of industry sectors, including manufacturing, software, real estate, banking, telecommunications, and technology.
- Location: Reading
- Size: 25 Partners, 81 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Banking and Finance; Brand Guardianship; Commercial and Technology; Construction; Corporate; Corporate Recovery; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Housing Team; Industrial Disease; International and Inward Investment; Medical Negligence; Property; Property Disputes; Personal Injury; Professional Negligence; Residential Conveyancing and Property Services; Wealth Protection
- Languages: English, French
- UK Regional Law Firm of the Year, Lawyer Awards 2010, 2012
- Listed in The Legal 500, Chambers UK, The Lawyer, and other publications for excellence in a variety of business law practice areas.