6 years of experience in labor and employment law.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Business and Commercial Law
- Civil Law
- Obligation Law
- International Private and Procedural Law
- Execution and Bankruptcy Law
- Administrative Law
- Principal, Cerrahoglu Law firm, 2002 - Present
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law of the University of Marmara, 2000
Languages: English, Turkish
- Istanbul Bar Association
- Statute of limitations and amendment of claim January 08 2013 (International Law Office)
- Appellate court reverses decision on good faith and acquisition of property September 25 2012 (International Law Office)
- Court rules on entitlement for protection under work security provisions March 13 2012 (International Law Office)
- Appeal court holds non-compete clause to be unconstitutional June 19 2012 (International Law Office)
Our affiliate in Turkey was founded in 1966 and is a leading and dynamic international firm with a reputation as a leader in the market particularly in representing multinationals in Turkey. The team provides advice and counsel in a full array of business law specialty areas, working for a diverse group of clients across a variety of industry sectors on commercial law, cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and many other business law practice areas. Our lawyers are fully equipped to assist foreign investors and companies establish a business practice in Turkey, and can advise and counsel clients at any stage of the process.
The firm has offices in Istanbul and Ankara. Languages spoken within the firm include Turkish, English, French and German.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team provides counsel in all major areas of labor law and has experience in a wide range of labor law practice areas.
Their services include: drafting all types of employment agreements including the agreements with definite or indefinite terms, full time or part time employment agreements, seasonal employment agreements, employment agreements for work on call and also internal regulations and personnel regulations of companies; giving legal advice on matters concerning Turkish Labor Law, Social Security Law, Unions Law and related applicable legislation during the effective term of employment agreements; drafting the documentation required for termination of the employment agreements (termination notice, letter of resignation, mutual agreement on termination of the employment agreement), giving advice on ways for the termination of any employment agreement and the methods to be put into practice during the termination stage; drafting subcontracting agreements and agreements for temporary employment relations and agreements for transfer of employees and giving advice on such matters; giving advice on labor law consequences of splitting up of companies and transfer of workplaces including but not limited to the risk assessment regarding Turkish Labor Law and employees, the evaluation of M&A transactions and privatizations from all aspects of Turkish Labor Law and giving advice on such matters; representing the clients on the lawsuits concerning employees and other legal actions.
In addition, the firm has experience in business immigration law, assisting companies and employees in expatriate management and obtaining work permits and visas.
The Plus ÔÇô Business Law Capacity:
The team is a leader in Turkish M&A and transactions and complex business law arrangements with an extensive track record in transactions, mergers and acquisitions, competition, and many other areas. The team provides on-going legal assistance to more than a hundred multinational, national, public and private companies in Turkey.
Such assistance includes preparation of board of directors and general assembly meetings, preparation of agreements including but not limited to share purchase, shareholders, construction, hotel management, license, franchise, escrow, loan, management, asset purchase, leasing consultancy, mortgage and other real estate agreements and consultancy related to such agreements and giving legal opinions on Turkish Law matters when required by creditors in lending, leasing and other transactions and public offerings. The firm also deals with residence and work permits of foreign nationals in Turkey.
The team has also experience in all aspects of bankruptcy and restructuring transactions, distressed lending and debt trading, distressed mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy planning and litigation and all related matters. The team provides restructuring-related services to borrowers/debtors, creditors, and other parties in complex restructurings and other matters involving financially distressed entities.
As TurkeyÔÇÖs economy has grown, our lawyers have gained extensive experience working with foreign investors and multinational corporations looking to do business in Turkey. Accordingly, our lawyers have a nuanced understanding of local and international laws as they apply to foreign organizations.
Representative clients come from a variety of industry sectors including: media, energy, telecommunications, banking, insurance, automotive, mining, construction, real estate development, hotel, food, agriculture, textiles, chemicals, beverages, packaging, retail and pharmaceuticals amongst many others. References are available on request.
- Locations: Istanbul, Ankara
- Size: 5 Partners, 12 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Labor Law, Mergers Acquisitions, Corporate and Commercial Law, Banking & Finance, Intellectual Property, Anti-Corruption & Compliance, Real Estate, Anti-Trust, Litigation, Arbitration, Tax
- Languages: English, Turkish, French, German
- The Firm is listed and ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
- Individuals ranked in Legal 500 include: Dr. M. Fadlullah Cerrahoglu, Ay┼čeg├╝l Yalc─▒nmani, Secil Abali, Ozge Esin Soley, Seda Akipek, Uraz Canbolat
- Dr. M. Fadlullah Cerrahoglu is also ranked in Chambers & Partners