15 years of experience in labor and employment law, including transactional work, TUPE and restructurings.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Corporate and M&A
- Trainee, Associate and Partner at F. Castelo Branco & Associados (Lisbon, Portugal), in the Corporate and M&A department, 1997- Present
- Pupil at 12 Kingâ€™s Bench Walk (Chambers of Lord Campbell of Alloway QC) (London, England), in criminal law, 1996
- University of Durham (England), 1995,
- Inns of Court School of Law (England),1996,
- University of Lisbon (Portugal), 1998,
Languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
- Portuguese Bar
- Inner Temple
- PLC Cross-border Handbooks, Labour and Employee Benefits Volume 2, Portugal (2008-2010);
- International Labor & Employment Law (Portugal), Winning Legal Strategies, Aspatore Books, 2006;
- Privacy in the Workplace, Newsletter of the Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee, International Bar Association, 2000.;
Established in 1989 with strong connections to firms in Brazil, Spain, and the United Kingdom, our affiliate in Portugal with offices in Lisbon, Porto and Faro, and affiliates in Angola and Mozambique, brings international expertise to all its work. Our lawyers are equipped to answer any inquiry related to business and employment law, and have experience working in all major business law practice areas.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our affiliate has extensive experience, ensuring that a full range of labor and employment services can be offered to clients including among other areas on general and strategic employment and social security issues; restructuring processes, collective dismissals and individual redundancies, termination by mutual consent and lay-offs; review and drafting of individual employment contracts, temporary employment contracts, employee's assignment contracts and services contracts; management of employment contracts (including functional and geographical mobility, change of remuneration, fringe benefits and preparation of bonus incentive plans and stock option purchase plans); tax and social security issues, from registration to management and disputes; labor due diligence; defense in court proceedings, arbitration committees and administrative entities involving employment related claims and suits filed by employees, Unions and Portuguese Labor Authority; assistance in meetings with Unions, Class Associations and Regional Labor Offices; accidents at the workplace and employer's obligations in relation to Health and Safety at the workplace and assistance on hiring of foreign employees and legalization processes among other areas.
The Plus â€“ Business Law Capacity:
As a leading Portuguese international firm the teamâ€™s experience includes but is not limited to; domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, banking, capital markets, intellectual property, and many more. The firmâ€™s lawyers are knowledgeable about the diverse legal structures governing business in the European Union, and regularly use their knowledge in advising and counseling clients from across the globe as they establish a business presence in Portugal and throughout the EU.
Our firm represents domestic and international clients from a range of industry sectors.
- Locations: Lisbon, Oporto, Faro
- Size: 8 Partners, 61 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Corporate, Commercial and M&A; Dispute Resolution; Intellectual Property; Public Administrative and Environmental Law; Real Estate, Property and Construction
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French
- Listed in The Legal 500, Chambers Global, IFLR 1000, PLC Which Lawyer for excellence across a broad array of business law practice areas, including employment, European Union law and competition, and real estate, among others.