Laura is responsible for the firmâs practice in Latvia in the areas of employment, immigration and insurance. Laura also draws on her extensive experience in corporate law and M&A.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate
- Partner, Primus, Attorneys at Law, (previous name of the firm till 2015 - Red), 2013 to Present
- Partner, LETLAW, Attorneys at Law, 2009-2013
- Attorney at Law, Loze, Grunte & Cers, 2008 - 2009
- Associate, Loze, Grunte & Cers, 2005 - 2008
- Associate, Assistant Attorney at Law, Loze & Partneri, 2003 - 2005
- Assistant Advisor on Legal Affairs, Chancery of the President of Latvia, 2000 â 2003
- University of Latvia, Faculty of Law, Mag.iur.
- University of Latvia, Faculty of Law, Dipl.iur.
- Syracuse University, Summer College, USA
Languages: English, Russian, Latvian
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2004)
With offices in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, our Baltics affiliate is one of the regionâs leading full-service law firms. The firm provides its clients with advice and counsel in all business and labor law practice areas, with specialized knowledge of each Baltic state, and how they interact with each other. The firmâs lawyers have received recognition for their work advising major commercial transactions and guiding large multinationals as they conduct business in the region.
Labor and Employment Practice:
Our team in the Baltics has the capacity to advise clients on any labor law issue. The firm has expert knowledge in a variety of labor law practice areas, including executive remuneration, employee loyalty, employment contracts, collective bargaining, directorsâ liabilities and many other areas. In addition, our lawyers in the Baltics have extensive experience assisting clients through international legal structures, with particular focus in helping international organizations comply with the various employment law standards across the region.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
Our team can work with clients on any issue that arises in the process of doing business in the Baltics. Our lawyers have extensive experience working in all major business law practice areas, including management buyouts, shareholder disputes, corporate governance, and joint ventures, among many other areas. The firm is recognized as a regional leader in assisting clients in conducting businesses, frequently hosting seminars and conferences on different aspects of business law.
Representative clients include a wide cross-section of international companies through diverse industry sectors. A list of clients, transaction history and references are available upon request.
- Locations: Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, Tartu
- Size: 18 Partners, 52 Associates i.e. Estonia : 8 Partners + 17 Associates, Latvia : 5 Partners + 13 Associates, Lithuania : 5 Partners + 22 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Employment; Banking & Finance; Competition/Antitrust; Construction; Corporate; Compliance; Energy & Natural Resources; Environment; Franchise & Distribution; Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals; Insolvency; Insurance; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Litigation & Dispute Resolution; M&A; Media, Communications & Technology; Private Equity; Privatization; PPP/PFI; Public Procurement; Real Estate; Shipping & Transport; Sports; Tax; White-collar crime.
- Listed in Legal 500, Chambers Europe, and IFLR 1000 for excellence in a variety of business law practice areas.