17 years of experience in labor and employment law. Jari-Pekka acts as an adviser for the boards of directors of several companies. He also lectures on contract law and labour law issues.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Insolvency law
- Commercial law assignments
- Privacy and information security
- Partner, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2002â€“ to Present
- Attorney-at-Law, Matti Oksala Attorneys-at-Law Ltd, 2001â€“2002
- Policy Manager, ICC International Chambers Of Commerce, 2000â€“2001
- Legal Counsel, Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce, 1998â€“2000
- Associate, Aaltonen, Alho & Untamala Oy Law Office, 1996â€“1998
- LL.M., Helsinki University, 1998
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 1996
Languages: English, Finnish, Spanish
- European Employers Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Finnish Arbitration Association
- Finnish Bar Association
- ICC International Chambers Of Commerce, Arbitration Commission
- ICC International Chambers Of Commerce, IT & Telecom â€“member
- International Bar Association
- Osakassopimukset, KĂ¤sikirja osakassopimusten laadintaan (A Guide to Drafting Shareholdersâ€™ Agreements) (Edita Publishing Oy, 2009) (co-author) (available only in Finnish)
- Toimitusjohtajasopimukset (Contracts for Managing Directors) (Edita Publishing, 2003) (co-author) (available only in Finnish)
Rankings / Listings:
- Chambers Global 2013, 2012 &2011 â€“ Recognized for expertise in Dispute Resolution:
- Chambers Europe 2013 &2011â€“ Recognized for expertise in Employment Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Legal 500 EMEA 2012 â€“ Recognized for his work in Maritime and Transport:
- Listed as a leading litigation lawyer by Best Lawyers 2013
- Endorsed by PLC Which Lawyer ? 2011 (Labour and Employee Benefits, Dispute Resolution)
Our affiliate, based in Helsinki is one of the largest corporate law firms in Finland with five regional offices throughout the country in JyvĂ¤skylĂ¤, Kuopio, Oulu, Tampere and Turku. The practice covers a broad spectrum of business law disciplines including transactional and regulatory matters. The firmâ€™s clients include leading public and private companies, multinationals, banks and other financial institutions, as well as private equity investors. It also advises governments, governmental authorities and international organisations.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The team of highly experienced lawyers advise clients on all aspects of employment law, ranging from contracts of employment, especially for senior management, dismissals and redundancies (both collective and individual) as well as employment disputes. It also advises on employment law and pension aspects of mergers and acquisitions, outsourcings and corporate reorganisations. The team have considerable experience in structuring and implementing share and other long-term incentive schemes. Our labor and employment lawyers also advise clients on all aspects of privacy and data protection.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The firm has leading practices in many areas including mergers and acquisitions where they advise on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions in the public and private markets, many of which have cross-border elements. The firm is consistently ranked as a leading firm and they work in seamless co-operation with members of other practice groups to respond to the individual requirements of each transaction. The firm also has a leading technology, media and telecommunications practiced and they regularly advise clients on their challenging, complex and high-profile assignments. Among other sectors cover the firm advises lenders, borrowers and other parties on all types of domestic and international financing transactions, all aspects of competition law with a focus on merger control, abuse of dominant market position, distribution systems and cartel investigations.
The team has a particularly strong focus among many industries served in the energy, finance, food and beverage, healthcare, insurance, real estate, technology and telecommunications, transport and logistics sectors and are frequently involved in international assignments in some of the most challenging and high profile assignments in the market.
- Locations: Helsinki, JyvĂ¤skylĂ¤, Kuopio, Oulu, Tampere and Turku.
- Size: 29 Partners, 59 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Securities, Competition and Regulatory, Corporate and Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Employment and Benefits, Energy and Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Public Procurement, Real Estate, Restructuring and Insolvency, State Aid, Taxation, Technology, Media and Telecommunications.
- Languages: English, Finnish, Spanish
- Chambers Europe 2013 - Award for Excellence in Finland
- The Legal 500 2013 -Rated for overall excellent in service
- Ranked in the FLR1000 2013 for its Capital Markets, M &A and Finance and Banking practices
- Legal 500 2012 - Listed as one of the best law firms in Finland